look what I found in my cricket box...

mons00n

hvyR0l.jpg

I was getting some crickets to feed my cham and noticed a long tail protruding from the egg-crate, this little guy popped out of it! Looks like some sort of gecko, anyone have ideas on what kind? And should I let it go or let it live with the crickets for a bit? =p

i live in texas and there all over the place at night here, just the common little gecko for us, they dont get to big n there alwase on the outside of screened windows getting the moths that are attracted to the light from inside haha, used to have fun catching them as a kid

It's a Mediterranean House Gecko (Hemidactylus turcicus). They are commonly found in many states. They usually hide in cracks around porch lights during the day and come out at night to feed on the bugs that the light attracts. They're fun to watch!

we get lots of geckos at my house, they are light pink/peach in color, and they're very cool. sometimes when i'm getting something to drink at night they will be hunting moths that hopelessly smack against my windows trying to reach the interior light.

Cool Mediterranean House Gecko, I'd say let it go, use the space to get another cham :rolleyes:. I'm sure they are all over your house, they are all over mine!

That's a whole lot cooler than the giant black widow I found! :D

ahhhh! That's frigin scary! I am terrified of black widows and brown recluses. When I was young, I had a black widow bite that had me hospitalized and to this day, I am absolutely terrified of black widows. I refuse to go into people's sheds in the summer.

But yeah, back to the gecko...we had those in hawaii alllll the time. They are fast lil buggers, but pretty cool to watch eat. They would always hang out on the lanai and munch on the buggies. It was fun watching them run around.

I paid 10 bucks a piece for two of them to let go in my house to eat the inevitable crickets I let escape! Keep him free range I say, worst case scenario is you have no spiders! :D

Back
Top Bottom