Look at his Poop

Wolfywoo

IMG_2519.JPG
IMG_2520.JPG
IMG_2521.JPG
IMG_2519.JPG
maybe I'm freaking out a bit, but I see some orange maybe red in his urate and it's making me nervous he's a little dehydrated

The urates look fairly white to me, I do see the spot of discoloration very small amount. Just keep an eye on your Cham check for urates daily and monitor it. Just maybe give him an extra spray or two of water if your really worried. I believe he will be/Is fine.

The stool (the brown part) itself looks dry. You want a smooth full egg shaped stool. That there are two stools together suggests he hasn't defecated for awhile. I believe their digestive system is like ours--the longer the stool is in the colon, the more water is removed from it. That could also be why the urates have that orange part to it--they, too, have had water removed.

If he were mine, I would assume he is slightly dehydrated and work to overcome that. Try feeding particularly moist food such as hornworms and do a major increase in misting. Since it is summer, you can set his cage up under some trees (so he doesn't overheat) and run a mister attached to a garden hose for hours. The whole day will do him good whether he is dehydrated or not.

The area that most people don't pay attention to is the ambient humidity of the cages. Most keepers underestimate the importance of very humid air. I have not found those cheap humidity gauges to be anywhere near accurate. A lot of dehydration is caused by a lack of humidity.

Back
Top Bottom