Lombardi's Morning Stretch...

SoCaliSon

Avid Member
This guy has resparked my love of Veiled chameleons. His personality I would have to say at this point is a true oddity in the world of Veileds. You probably wouldn't believe me but in all the time I have had him since he was the size of my pinky or smaller, I have NEVER seen an aggressive or frightened bone when I interact with him. Start to open his cage and he will come down from his jungle and wait for your hand.... So he can cut the circulation off to whichever finger he grabs first with his commanding grip. Never hissed... Never Gaped... Never tried to head butt... nothin'. I got very very lucky. Once again...Thanks Juli! He is now massive, and rules his domain proudly.

My favorite behavior of his, or shall I say routine, is his rise and shine ritual. When the lights come on, I will sit and watch him crawl from the thick of his jungle, to his high perch directly under the Basking Lamp and stretch... He puffs his body, and sports rich dark colors. He sits up there stretching his muscles and warming up from the night, while he watches me get ready for work. I love it. I had to snap some pics... Sorry for the quality, next to the light it gets tough.

100_0387.jpg

100_0389.jpg

100_0388.jpg

Thanks,
Joe

He's a great looking guy. One thing tho, he seems to have thin legs for his body size but he has nice and full cheeks and casque. Probably genetic.

He's a great looking guy. One thing tho, he seems to have thin legs for his body size but he has nice and full cheeks and casque. Probably genetic.

Thanks... He is still growing and filling out in places. He is only around 9 months still if I'm doing my math right... so he may just be at that gangely stage. I'm not to worried about that, because his grip is intense... I have massive nail marks in my skin after handling him.

Thanks... He is still growing and filling out in places. He is only around 9 months still if I'm doing my math right... so he may just be at that gangely stage. I'm not to worried about that, because his grip is intense... I have massive nail marks in my skin after handling him.

That makes sense now. What marks? Calcifer draws blood out of my hands now. :eek: No more holding bare handed.

I was wondering about Calcifer the other day when his pic popped up... That guy is an impressive looking Veiled.

Lombardi is absolutely gorgeous! Does he ever yawn in the morning? I've seen Luie yawn before in the mornings.

Yes! That is part of the morning stretch is the giant Yawn! I wanted to get that but I missed the shot!:) Thanks Jann.

Yep-they are 9 months old and quickly heading for 10! Lombardi looks awesome and I would say they are going through a gangly stage-all legs with their bodies broadening out! Here is Lombardi's brother Mr. Mangles with the same skinny leg thing going on...
DSCN4043.jpg

And anotehr brother AJ-same thing...
DSCN3994.jpg

Juli.. How is AJ with interaction? I know Leon was a friendly guy, I never would have thought Lombardi would end up THIS friendly. He is just so mellow about everything. It really is a treat!

Lombardi's looking great! I love his stripey tail! It's great to have a chameleon that doesn't mind human interaction. Lily is just the same - she has never hissed or gaped at me either. It's the best feeling when you offer an outstretched hand and they climb right on, isn't it?!:D

Back
Top Bottom