Locale? I Suspect it's a...

EpicWin

Ambanja?

Just a guess though. Other guesses would be Ambilobe or MAYBE Nosy Be? And then add "Panther" in there maybe somewhere?

photo_1.jpg

Sorry for the noob question! I'm new to the world of chams and I do intend to become intimately knowledgeable on these amazing animals!

Thanks for any input/help!

Travis & Heisenberg

OH And lastly, I'm pretty sure it's a male, but I won't be offended if someone wants to correct me. Thanks again!

Def a male and I'm thinking ambilobe. He looks dehydrated. You can tell by the eyes being slightly sunken in.

Welcome to the forums and congrats on the beautiful guy! Get him some water ASAP.

Def a male and I'm thinking ambilobe. He looks dehydrated. You can tell by the eyes being slightly sunken in.

Welcome to the forums and congrats on the beautiful guy! Get him some water ASAP.

Hey, thanks friend! I'm glad to know what he is now.
I just adopted him so I'll be spoiling him beyond belief with all the best cham stuff.

Travis & Mr. Heisenberg

No prob! Use the search engine at the top and you'll find care sheets that include housing, supplements, feeders, watering, etc.

Feel free to ask any questions. This is a wonderful community that is quick to help! :)

No prob! Use the search engine at the top and you'll find care sheets that include housing, supplements, feeders, watering, etc.

Feel free to ask any questions. This is a wonderful community that is quick to help! :)

SWEET! Yeah this place rocks already. My first post in here and I feel really welcome. So thanks again!! Also nice cham!

Already been browsing all the awesome tools and resources!

Travis & Mr. Heisenberg

Welcome to the forums!!

Not sure on locale, but he's a pretty boy. Get yourself all read up on husbandry I'm sure he will have a healthy life with you

Welcome! There is really no way to know for sure, we can all just speculate. The only way to really know with these guys is to purchase from a trusted breeder. With that said, my guess would be part ambilobe, but not 100% as the coloring is off. I would guess he is an Ambilobe/Ambanja mix. Whatever he is, he's beautiful:D

Max I think that's too blue to be an ambilobe maybe a cross with nosy be and ambilobe. Did the people give any info?

Interesting, well I'm definitely not closed to that idea. I'm just stoked on him because I saw a picture of an ambilobe and they're so beautiful with all those colors n such, and I wanted one with unique coloring.

Welcome to the forums!!

Not sure on locale, but he's a pretty boy. Get yourself all read up on husbandry I'm sure he will have a healthy life with you

Thank you for the compliment! And for the tip. What exactly is husbandry? Or should I ask that in another thread? Is it the word used for like caring for your cham?

Oh yes, he'll have a very happy and healthy life!! Love this lil guy.

Travis & Heisenburg

Welcome! There is really no way to know for sure, we can all just speculate. The only way to really know with these guys is to purchase from a trusted breeder. With that said, my guess would be part ambilobe, but not 100% as the coloring is off. I would guess he is an Ambilobe/Ambanja mix. Whatever he is, he's beautiful:D

Ambilobe and Ambanja is what I'm mostly leaning toward. I suppose trying to identify an exact Chameleon breed without the original breeder is like trying to look at any random person off the street and trying to decide what nationalities they are made up of, genetically!

I really appreciate everyone's input though!

Travis & Mr. Heisenberg

To me, he looks like a pretty classic Ambilobe x Nosy Be. They tend to come out with the strong red and blue barring. I myself had one, he was identical but with more white.

He's beautiful though, that's my favorite look for a panther.

To me, he looks like a pretty classic Ambilobe x Nosy Be. They tend to come out with the strong red and blue barring. I myself had one, he was identical but with more white.

He's beautiful though, that's my favorite look for a panther.

This fascinates me because chameleons obviously change their pigmentation depending on mood and environment, but do most chameleons have a "base" color that they hit when they're "neutral" or something?

I'm assuming they'll always have the pattern and the colors within the pattern change from moment to moment, but this blue and orange, that's Mr. Heisenberg's sort of "default," right?

Thanks again guys!

Travis & Mr. Heisenburg

I would recommend a vet checkup because of the sunken eyes. Chameleons are amazing at hiding illness and if he was purchased off what I assume was craigslist they can have problems that the previous owner noticed then sells for cheap to people that are new to chameleons.

I know this sounds paranoid but TRUST ME it happens and I only want you to have the best start and not go through what I had to when I was a new.

Other then that he is pretty awesome colored and welcome to the forums!!!

Back
Top Bottom