LLL vs. DIY Cages

Lyneeso

LLL has a good cage. Diy has a good cage. These are the differences between the service of the two companies and product they offer. I spent 89.95 shipped for a 24''x24''x48'' screen cham cage with LLL.
I spent 101.00 for the exact same sized screen cage from DIY.
There are very minor differences in the cages.
they are both nearly identical.
The latches on the diy cage are very poorly made, the upper one broke about a week after I got it. The latches on the LLL cage are fairly simple yet effective and look a little sturdier. There are no real differences between the two cages, other than the latches.
The designs are so alike, the differences aren't even worth mentioning.
The materials are the same and they are both identical in construction. However, the LLL cage came with a few bent/dented frames. My diy cage was in perfect condition upon arrival.
Heres the kicker, my diy cage came with extra screws (which unfortunately, I have misplaced) - and the LLL cage came missing 6 screws, this says it all for me.
I can't get my male into the new LLL cage tonight because of this. I will also have to go to the hardware store tomorrow on my lunch break.
Also, the diy cage arrived 4 days after I placed my order. The LLL cage came 9 days after placing the order.

I would suggest to anybody who would rather have quality and speed of delivery as a priority to do buisness with diy, however you will pay a little more.
If your just looking for a good cage for the cheapest price, LLL is the way to go! As long as you have time to wait for it, and a hardware store nearby.

NOW PLEASE UNDERSTAND!!!! These are just one time experiences that I had with purchasing these two cages from the two suppliers. I only posted this because I remember back a while when some people on here where wondering what the differences were and weather or not the cages were comparable. I am happy with both cages and feel that the money I spent was well worth it.
Lyneeso :cool:

I am assuming you got the pricing mixed up unless diy lowered their prices. I show 89.99$ shipped for the diy cage. I have been really happy with the diy cage I bought, can't comment on lllreptile cages because I have bought any.
Check this thread for some reviews and pics on the diy cages

I am assuming you got the pricing mixed up unless diy lowered their prices. I show 89.99$ shipped for the diy cage. I have been really happy with the diy cage I bought, can't comment on lllreptile cages because I have bought any.
Check this thread for some reviews and pics on the diy cages

no, i am not getting them mixed up at all. this is what they were charging for the largest screen cage they carry. 24''x24''x48'' (DIY)
its 89.00 plus shipping. I paid 101.00

That is weird cause the DIYcages include shipping in the price. this is taken from the website right above the cages:
ALL PRICES IN THE SHOPPING CART ALREADY INCLUDE THE SHIPPING CHARGE AND TAX. THERE IS NO EXTRA CHARGE.

and this is what is said on lllreptiles site when you click on the item to order it:
This product or type is overweight for normal shipping calculations.
You will be contacted with final shipping charges.

I bought 3 DIYcages and yeah the latches do seem cheap but the work for me.

no, i am not getting them mixed up at all. this is what they were charging for the largest screen cage they carry. 24''x24''x48'' (DIY)

I just bought a cage from them this week and shipping is included in the price. It says so right at the top of their products page. You might have paid tax. If you live in California, you are charged sales tax.

I just bought a cage from them this week and shipping is included in the price. It says so right at the top of their products page. You might have paid tax. If you live in California, you are charged sales tax.

well I dont live in california, they may have changed the price it's been a couple weeks or so. I bought mine off of their eBay store.
Great, im glad they are cheaper. probably just trying to compete with LLL. thats my guess.

I like them, Seem cheap when you build them. Just count the screws they send if you go with the 24x24x48... They keep sending the wrong instructions and not enough screws. They aren't hard to build at all. Once you put up vines and what not, At least imo they seem a little bit more sturdy.

Can't comment on lll cages, but the diy cage I bought was very nice. I'll buy the bigger one when it is time. Seems sturdy and well manufactured. Fast shipping, and good service.

I would like to kudo LLL Reptile. I have purchased cages from them in all sizes and after 3 years they are still as sturdy and perfect as when they came. I would buy from them again. Since I live in FL and they are located in CA I didn't mind the shipping time. When they come by truck UPS it always takes a week and for some reason SO FL always takes longer.

If you have problems with anything purchased I would definately contact the company. They should send you more screws.

Just my personal opinion, but for cages I'd go DIY, especially while they offer free shipping, and everything else (lights, fixtures, supps, etc), LLL reptile.

I had to read your post a couple of times Jake.... But what you are saying is, go with DIY for cages and that for all other needs you think people should use LLL Reptile?

I just ordered a cage from LLL on Monday night and they shipped it the next day. I also ordered crickets on Monday night online and they arrived today. I've never had problems with anything from them. I used to order crickets from reptile depot and will never do so again once it took 3 weeks for them to come!

You probably live in the same state that they are in which means you had to pay tax.

The only beef I have with LLL is the color. They show picture of silver color is what I prefer and they randomly send you a charcoal color. It says black on the receipt. I've order 5 cages from them. I wanted them to match. They say they no longer have the silver ones. The last one I got was silver when it said black on the receipt. I like the silver a lot better. They should have never changed that, but now my cages don't match. I didn't know about DIY before. I would have bought from them because everytime I order a cage from LLL I end up paying more for shipping. They are nice cages for the money. How hard is it to update the pics on their website? I wouldn't have cared at all if I didn't see how awesome the silver color is compared to the new color.

I love the Zoomed Reptibreeze. It was easy to set up, sturdy, and provides as full, unobstructed view. The bottom door allows for easy cleaning. With all the Zoomed pimping I do on this forum, you would think I work for them!!

I have a small reptibreeze...no bottom door! Decent cage however I did warp the bottom a little with the schefflera.

Ya gotta go with XL model!!LOL!!I think the bottom door is on the med-XL models. I did the same to the bottom as well. I went ahead and cut a large square out in the middle of it and put it underneath the frame on the top of the stand I made. Crickets were shacking up in the folds and keeping us up at night!!!!

Back
Top Bottom