LLL vs. DIY Cages

I just ordered an 18x18x36 from lll. Hopefully its what you guys say it is.

You will be happy with it.

Just a note for all cages... don't tighte the screws too much... once its starts to pull together and get a bit of resistance, stop, and then give it a half turn. do all the screws like that and then go back and see if they need just a 1/4 more turn.... when buying used cages, you can ALWAYS tell which was the first one made and which was the first screw.... because the hole is stripped LOL

On the color of the cages - our main screen supplier has been out of the silver color for a few months now. We use to give you the choice, but the darker frame is what is currently available. Personally, I like the darker frame, but, I understand wanting them to match older cages! As for the picture, the current picture is a darker frame than the original silver color, but looks quite a bit lighter than how the charcoal actually looks (flash just really threw it off), and is being re-done this week just for that reason.

The main thing we don't want to change is how they hold up. We have been using the same cages for 8 years now, same screen supplier, and they are durable as can be. BTW - if for any reason you were missing screws (super, super rare), we would of course take care of that! :) You can call 7 days a week with any questions as well.

Thanks guys. Good info on this forum!

www.LLLReptile.com

I've been getting all of my cages custom made from cages.net. Although they're not machine made and may have slight imperfections, I have not been more happy with the cages since I started getting them from him. As a matter of fact, I just ordered another 8 cages to fill the last of the wall space we have in our herp room.

I've never really had issues with the LLL cages, other than the fact that they do seem to take a little while to get to the east coast. While they are a little cheaper, I'd rather pay a few bucks more for custom cages that were hand made by a local Florida resident.

Luis

Back
Top Bottom