Lizzie looks a little thick...

Trailgem

Avid Member
What you think? Maybe she just ate too much.

Her Bioactive is now about 7 inches tall... I tested it... it shouldn’t fall in when she starts digging.

Attachments

• BA581CD8-1DDD-4847-B487-A335C5253738.jpeg
    BA581CD8-1DDD-4847-B487-A335C5253738.jpeg
    219.3 KB · Views: 50
I mean... I’m expecting her to dig soon to lay eggs. My Bioactive layer is about 7 inches tall.
I used to have a laying bin in it, but someone on here thought it was funny (because we obviously can’t train Chams to lay eggs in a bin)

Anyway, I removed the bin and added some substrate.

I mean... I’m expecting her to dig soon to lay eggs. My Bioactive layer is about 7 inches tall.
I used to have a laying bin in it, but someone on here thought it was funny (because we obviously can’t train Chams to lay eggs in a bin)

Anyway, I removed the bin and added some substrate.
Who ever told you that is an idiot. Who told you that?

She should be fine digging in a 7” substrate.

I don't know what your bioactive layer is made up of...but you have to be careful that it's not something your chameleon will eat either on purpose or by accident when she's trying to eat an insect. What is your bioactive layer made up of?

I've used laying bins now for over 25 years and they are the best way to go IMHO. Just wondering...How do you dig the eggs up without disturbing the chameleon? If you use a bin you can take the whole bin out so you don't upset her.

I don't know what your bioactive layer is made up of...but you have to be careful that it's not something your chameleon will eat either on purpose or by accident when she's trying to eat an insect. What is your bioactive layer made up of?

I've used laying bins now for over 25 years and they are the best way to go IMHO. Just wondering...How do you dig the eggs up without disturbing the chameleon? If you use a bin you can take the whole bin out so you don't upset her.

If it is bioactive my understanding is the clean up crew will eat the eggs as well. Could he wrong! I dont do bioactive but have recently been researching and had this same question.

I’m trying to remember....Joshi's ABG mix
Joshs Bio bedding
There is organic charcoal in there too
I topped it off with sunshine mix last month.
Oh... of course leave litter, CUC

It seams to work pretty well and I haven’t seen her eating it yet.

If your chameleon lays her eggs in the bioactive enclosure they will be eaten by the CUC if not removed within hours. Your best bet would be to return the laying bin and pray she uses it.

Thanks AnamCara and for adding that. I wasn't sure what the op meant by bioactive.

Unless you're watching her all the time you're not likely to see her eating it Trailgem. It could be ingested accidentally with a cricket or she might eat it looking for nutrients missing from her diet or even if it gets into her mouth when she's digging her hole to lay the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom