Lizzie is digging...

She probably won’t be very interested in eating if she’s laying. Give her privacy (cover the visible sides of the enclosure) & discretely mist her enclosure if you don’t have an automatic mister. It takes them time. I made little peep holes in the sheet I used for cover so I could monitor my girl. When she’s done she’ll be back in her usual spot.

She probably won’t be very interested in eating if she’s laying. Give her privacy (cover the visible sides of the enclosure) & discretely mist her enclosure if you don’t have an automatic mister. It takes them time. I made little peep holes in the sheet I used for cover so I could monitor my girl. When she’s done she’ll be back in her usual spot.
Good advice^

She’s still in there. This lady is digging deep. I have some aquarium floss at the bottom... and I see some fuss of that stuff in the dirt that she digged up.

Plus, she digged way in the back behind plant and tree branch... I don’t even know how to get there. I’m gonna have a heck of a time digging those eggs up. I don’t think my Bioactive setup is strong enough yet to take care of them.

Females tend to dig until the hit something solid to lay their eggs against. Mine insist on digging up this one pitcher plant every cycle before digging to the very bottom corner of her bin. Like clockwork... Patience!

Yay! Great job! I was wondering how Lizzie was doing. So glad she’s had a successful laying. You’ll want to keep an eye on her for the next week or so and feed her good stuff like BSFL, silkworms and roaches to recover. A good long misting session can help rehydrate her as well as get her cleaned up. If you give hornworms, one of those would help too.
I felt bad about just throwing out the eggs my girl worked so very hard to lay, but that’s the way it goes.

I fed her Dubias today. Might get her a hornworm tomorrow. I felt her watching me while I was trying to dig out the eggs. I felt bad.
What if she has fertile eggs from one of the males at pet smart? Omg... what if they are all fertile and I’ll have 40 veiled baby Chams?? I wouldn’t know what to do with them. Nahhh...

Lizzie did pretty awesome. Only request I have for her... next egg laying, please dig near the front of the cage.

I'm glad Lizzie made it through alright! :love: Always stressful. I've been keeping a very close eye on Lily for signs of production! I feel like it won't be long, now.

Even if by some miracle the eggs were fertile, i feel that if you're not prepared for the babies it's best not to incubate. It wouldnt be doing you or the little ones any favors! If you're at all concerned, put them in the freezer overnight and then dispose of them.

Back
Top Bottom