LIVID Chameleon

FaunaBgirl

My veiled was absolutely LIVID the other day. Rocking and puffing up like I'd never seen before and putting on a verbal show. He even tried to "bump" me three time in a row through the mesh. I mean he marched right over and was huffing, puffing and making noises I've not heard. I was alarmed but then decided it was because I had put on a red tee shirt. So I took it off, and since it was bedtime, I had to talk and sing to him and calm him so he could sleep. The next morning he was still all up about something, so I investigated his complete surroundings. That's when I discovered that the popping noise I had heard, and thinking it had come from the kitchen, and dismissed it, was in actuality, his basking bulb. It had exploded. The bulb was in pieces way up on top his cage where I couldn't see it readily. Anyway, I cleaned up the offensive, intrusive glass pieces off the top of his cage and replace the bulb. I cleaned and redid the bottom as he sat approvingly at the top. All's well that ends well. He's a love again, demanding I rub his face and finger feed him little fishy bugs. (aka: phoenix worms) He's so funny and I love him crazy like. lol They really don't like "things" going on in their "domain." <G>

I sing to him every day. Familiar tunes, but words just for him. He comes close to me and and engages me physically. I swear, I have to get someone to video tape this. He lets me kiss his lips. (In the nicest way.) He likes his face, jawline and above his eyes rubbed. But special is that deep place between his eyes below his casque. His mouth hangs open then. lol

I'm crazy about him and I think I've touched a level of his understanding.
How many chameleons on this forum come directly when they hear the words, "come see me." (it's not a food thing) Or come out of hiding when they hear "where are you?"
The list goes on, the things we share on a daily basis. It's getting pretty incredible.
And... I wasn't in the room when the bulb blew............... so there. lol

Fred is friendly

I sing to him every day. Familiar tunes, but words just for him. He comes close to me and and engages me physically. I swear, I have to get someone to video tape this. He lets me kiss his lips. (In the nicest way.) He likes his face, jawline and above his eyes rubbed. But special is that deep place between his eyes below his casque. His mouth hangs open then. lol

How many chameleons on this forum come directly when they hear the words, "come see me." (it's not a food thing) Or come out of hiding when they hear "where are you?"
The list goes on, the things we share on a daily basis. It's getting pretty incredible.

My buddy Fred (a veiled) likes to come out when I offer him his stick... he won't come out for any other.. it has to be his. and if he sees my face directly (as in open the door and poke my head inside the cage) he'll start climbing down looking for the stick. He is now starting to get used to my hand being offered.

here is a video I made just after I found out he would come out for me.

That is an awesome vid summoner! Will he climb out onto your hand or only the stick?

hes starting to come out on my hand... At first he would hiss at it... not bite. He was just letting me know "hey! that isn't my stick!" lol. Now he kinda looks at it for a few seconds and if i hold still he'll reach for it. he likes to climb out on the door sometimes and ill try to put my hand under him to pick him up and he'll do the same hiss and he'll lean into me with his mouth open kinda saying 'hey... i can bite' lol one time i just let him and it was really soft. He just wants to let me know when I'm being too pushy.:rolleyes:

LOL Funny to try and fool me.... but I happen to know for a fact he hears me. He even moves his head like a dog when dogs are listening. BTW. He's partial to the higher notes and he loves it when I sing soft and sultry like. He wants to be petted then. It's almost....dare I say... erotic. lol
ANd he comes out onto my arm. New thing lately. All in time. You just have to spend time with them daily and I keep certain times so he knows and expects me. He has been known to fuss if I'm late. And to be downright upset with me if I miss a time. He's definitely a creature of habit.

how you do that?

thats awsome how you get him or her so friendly mines friendly never aggro at all but he still needs a bit of munch to get him on my hand

LOL Funny to try and fool me.... but I happen to know for a fact he hears me. He even moves his head like a dog when dogs are listening. BTW. He's partial to the higher notes and he loves it when I sing soft and sultry like. He wants to be petted then. It's almost....dare I say... erotic. lol
ANd he comes out onto my arm. New thing lately. All in time. You just have to spend time with them daily and I keep certain times so he knows and expects me. He has been known to fuss if I'm late. And to be downright upset with me if I miss a time. He's definitely a creature of habit.

He fusses when your late cause he thnks your out with another cham! Do you dim the lights and pop a bottle of bubbly? I saw the thread with some of that Chameleon Wine.. Maybe that would be perfect for one of your romantic evenings. ;)

me to!
haha just kidding. or im not.

I just got my very first chameleon a month ago. He's a pygmie chameleon named Stymie. My boyfriend knows more about chams than i do and he doesn't like it when I pick him up. I truly believe Stymie loves it! I can't wait to see how he develops over time!!!

i think you need to get out more

Ouch... Didn't expect that from you, Leela
(I have 3 jobs)

As for Stymie, I believe you get out of him what you put into him. I have had pets all my life and we WOW people as to what I get out of them. Maybe there is a little more "Chameleon whisperer" in some of us, more than in others.

Stymie will let you know if he's uncomfortable and then you can act accordingly by leaving him be or treating him to a snack. :D

i agree with leela.

dont be mad at me..lol

that is a great video though.. maybe i should try the stick method with orchid(one of my females) she hates my hand...

LOL that is cute.

I sing to Cricket too. I also talk to him. He DOES cock his head like a dog does when it's listening. It's the funniest thing.

I read on Wikipedia today that some think Chameleons are deaf because they don't have ears... I don't buy it.:rolleyes: I think they obviously hear things.

I read on Wikipedia today that some think Chameleons are deaf because they don't have ears... I don't buy it.:rolleyes: I think they obviously hear things.

They can still feel things vibrate... I think that is why they are so good at mocking the wind. My chams when outside in the wind shake the tree in time with other branches. Are they just lucky? or is he feeling the trees movement?

wow you've really bonded with your cham eh? Only behavior i noticed different about my veiled was when i was misting him the other day.He started to make this funny pose, like he was putting his head high and chin up trying to look cool :cool: lol.im sure other chams do this as well but it was the first time i saw Zen do it:D

Back
Top Bottom