Live plants

Thehippie

Chameleon Enthusiast
So i recently decided to get some more live plants for a free range set up that im working on, where is the best place to buy plants, my local shoppers has pothos for $15 if thats a good deal, but i dont know i've got like 100-200 to blow on plants/a big ficus so any suggestions??? also how do i keep apollo out of the dirt? should i repot them just to be safe too???

Home depot/lowes often has a good selection. Same with local nurseries. Some places will let you order stuff in.

I would repot, most plants you buy come root bound with old soil.

So i recently decided to get some more live plants for a free range set up that im working on, where is the best place to buy plants, my local shoppers has pothos for $15 if thats a good deal, but i dont know i've got like 100-200 to blow on plants/a big ficus so any suggestions??? also how do i keep apollo out of the dirt? should i repot them just to be safe too???
Place smooth rocks on the dirt if you have problems keeping your Cham out of the soil. Once it becomes spring time where you live, lots of more places have a larger selection on plants. All you need to do if find a list of safe plants for chameleons.

Place smooth rocks on the dirt if you have problems keeping your Cham out of the soil. Once it becomes spring time where you live, lots of more places have a larger selection on plants. All you need to do if find a list of safe plants for chameleons.
i know what kind of plants i want just dont know where to find them, flchams has an extensive safe plant list

i know what kind of plants i want just dont know where to find them, flchams has an extensive safe plant list
Just look up ficus Benjamina for sale and look at stores that have them in your area. Just ask if they use pesticides or not. And you can always hose down the leaves just to be safe.

Hey hun. I agree with lowes or home depot or a local nursery. I got an absolutely beautiful huge pothos for 28 bucks from my local nursery. I would repot them though with new dirt. One of the ones I bought had little centipede things in the dirt. So I stripped all mine down to the root and warm water rinsed along with cleaning the leaves.

Hey hun. I agree with lowes or home depot or a local nursery. I got an absolutely beautiful huge pothos for 28 bucks from my local nursery. I would repot them though with new dirt. One of the ones I bought had little centipede things in the dirt. So I stripped all mine down to the root and warm water rinsed along with cleaning the leaves.

They were probably subterranean millipedes which are beneficial. I have thousands in my large bios. Keep them next time, they feed on decaying organic matter(detritus) (y)

They were probably subterranean millipedes which are beneficial. I have thousands in my large bios. Keep them next time, they feed on decaying organic matter(detritus) (y)
LOL oh dude they were creepy. When I lived in AZ I was at a friends house and we were watching tv when all the sudden a 6 inch long almost half inch thick daddy version of these came climbing over the back of the couch next to my head. So I saw them and said heck no!

LOL oh dude they were creepy. When I lived in AZ I was at a friends house and we were watching tv when all the sudden a 6 inch long almost half inch thick daddy version of these came climbing over the back of the couch next to my head. So I saw them and said heck no!

That was a centipede, the sub millipedes look a little similar, but they're harmless and small.

Lol my brother lives in SoCal and got bit by one of the big centipedes just sitting on the couch. Here in PA the only centipedes we have are small thank god

That was a centipede, the sub millipedes look a little similar, but they're harmless and small.

Lol my brother lives in SoCal and got bit by one of the big centipedes just sitting on the couch. Here in PA the only centipedes we have are small thank god
Yeah it scarred me for life. The scorpions and rattle snakes there were fun for me as well lol

somehow I love millipedes but hate centipedes, the 1-2 inch house centipedes in my house always scare me... although I did pick up a bumble bee millipede once... not smart........ the crickets are great tho

I’m a big fan of the umbrella tree plant. Schefflera aboricola. The leaves are shaped like a chameleon and mine loves to climb on a branch and blend right in with the leaves. Mine never goes in the dirt. She stays up top or deep in the middle unless she is hunting. I re-potted the one I bought at Lowe’s because it had three main stalks and was too large for the enclosure. But it works great in a rectangular Tupperware that is 8 inches tall and fills the bottom well. Make sure you get the schedulers aboricola because there is a type of schefflera plant that isn’t good for chameleons.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 76
somehow I love millipedes but hate centipedes, the 1-2 inch house centipedes in my house always scare me... although I did pick up a bumble bee millipede once... not smart........ the crickets are great tho
It is the multi legs that are a no go for me. ewwww

I get my plants at local nurseries... be careful with the potting soil.. most have perlite, I have caught my Cham eating the perlite and cover all the soil with river stones now. crotons are a good colorful option that are sturdy to climb.

Back
Top Bottom