Live plants for a panther chameleon.

AlexLuch99

hi, I recently got a 4 month old Male panther Chameleon and was wondering what the best safe/live plants are for his enclousure

Last edited:
i personally like ficus, schefflera arboricola, pothos, hibiscus, croton and orchid. my absolute fav is pothos though, hard to kill!

Depends what kind of lighting you're running, honestly. Panthers don't eat plants, so your options are pretty open!

I play fast and loose with plants. I check the Pet Poison Helpline for toxicity results, and if the plant is clear (doesn't contain anything beyond oxalate crystals) I tend to use it. I avoid plants that have been known to cause skin irritation or have a lot of sap, but otherwise... :)

It's all about the sturdy, branching plants imo. Ficus benjamina, ficus alii, schefflera arboricola, and schefflera amate being some of the most common and best. I like the look of pothos, but they aren't especially useful for a full grown panther or veiled to walk on in my experience - too flimsy. More just for show, but can be more utilitarian for young chams and small species

Back
Top Bottom