Live Plant Help

Justin Ward

Established Member
so i decided to try the live plant thing out and its not going so well...i bought a hibiscus plant, washed off the fertilizer infested soil, and repotted it with organic soil...everything seemed fine at first but now it just seems to die more and more everyday...it has been outside with plenty of sunlight but it just keeps dying...any info would be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance

-Justin

so i decided to try the live plant thing out and its not going so well...i bought a hibiscus plant, washed off the fertilizer infested soil, and repotted it with organic soil...everything seemed fine at first but now it just seems to die more and more everyday...it has been outside with plenty of sunlight but it just keeps dying...any info would be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance

-Justin

I don't know much about plantss.... but is it getting to much sunlight? I know some plants if put into direct sunlight it will start to wither.

i hear those are hard to keep, if i am not mistaken. try umbrella plants, they are pretty hardy as long as you dont drown them

yeah, i heard they are hard to keep indoors...my roommates dad owns a florist, so im gonna probably take it to him tomorrow so he can nurse it back to health and hopefully tell me whats going on...i was trying to see if anyone has had similar experience and what they did to rectify the situation

Hibiscus plants need a lot of sunlight. Buy a couple more plants and swap them every few days. UVA & UVB won't cut it if it's not direct sunlight.

Hibiscus are flowering and are very hard to keep indoors. I have read on here members buying a 6500K grow light(home depot) and putting that in their enclosures. You could try that. Also rotating between two plants and moving one in the sun and then switching it out with the other. That could present a problem if you have all your vines and branches in place I would think. Not to mention, if you have the winter months to deal with.

i had trouble keeping my hisbiscus until i put in a plant grow light. Since then it has perked up and is starting to bud again.

i havent had it inside at all...and i have a grow light for when i do...i have been keeping it outside for the past few days and it just looks droopy

Back
Top Bottom