Little holes in my hands!!!

Psychobunny

Avid Member
My cousin noticed several tiny spots on the top sides of both my hands and asked me what on earth it was from!
I had to think for a minute, then I realized, it was Smeagie's claw marks from retreiving him from the free range and into his cage every evening (almost).

He 'digs in' to my hand with needle-like nails and clamps himself in place tenaciously but quickly lets go when I put him back on his basking branch.

Anyway, it draws a tiny dot of blood which dries up and leaves these spots!! :eek:

I even see these little marks on my hand in the pic I posted of Noogie on my shoulder for my blog :eek: :eek:

Hmmm, I think I need to start waring gloves!!?? :D

So, do other cham wranglers have holes in their hands!!??

Not on my hands but on my ears. The other day rambo was climbing on my head and got ahold of my ears i thought i was going to have a couple of piercings at the end of it.

LOL! OUCH!! :eek:

That's what Noogie does :rolleyes:
He really likes my head, nice and warm I suppose :confused:

They are sometimes attracted to my glasses, and will reach out with little spiky hands to climb in my face, which I do not encourage :eek: :rolleyes:

Kuzco tries to climb my face for my glasses too lol not cool! :)

He also likes to climb to my head and stick him tail in my ear or through my pony tail haha

I too look like a human pin cushion after handling my male veiled. I refuse to wear gloves but I do make sure I have long sleeves on to protect my tattoo as he has a tendency to climb up and down my arms and dig in the process. The ear is another spot he likes to stop at also.

Then spiky feet and hands are pretty normal for veiled chams?
My other guyz, are not as bad, but they are also smaller.

Maybe the bigger the cham, the sharper the claws??!! :D

Its per cham deal. Some chams have a light grip when on people, some chams have a death grip all the time. Ive had some that dont pinch at all while on the forarm.

Its per cham deal. Some chams have a light grip when on people, some chams have a death grip all the time.

I have experienced both lol.
The two with the death grip were veiled. Pascal hated other people and would dig in for dear life. And the female veiled at the reptile show I think wanted to go home with me lol

I have those spots on both of my hands. I'm really hoping he loosens his grip as he gets older. I learned to wear long sleeves or a sweater too. It tickles when he tried to climb my hair though. But not so fun when he grabbed onto an earring!

In the somewhat rare occasion I handle mine, yes. Especially with my melleri who has a temper problem. I hate to see parsonii owners hands and arms!

Kuzco tries to climb my face for my glasses too lol not cool! :)

He also likes to climb to my head and stick him tail in my ear or through my pony tail haha

I can relate .my female jackon, was on my hand today, and pretty much threw herself foward at my glasses. She caught my lip and grabbed on, it made my eyes tear up

Jackson's may be even tempered and gentle but their little grippy toenails can pierce the skin with ease! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom