Little Clown Loves Silkworms.. a little too much. Head bobbing at food?!?!

Dez

Chamalot Chameleons
I gave all my adult chams a silkworm this morning. To my surprise, when I put a silkworm in Little Clown's cage, he got really colorful stated to HEAD BOB at the worm.

I don't know if he wanted to eat it or mate with it! I filmed him with my phone for a few minutes. he actually ate the worm about 3 seconds AFTER I stopped filming.

i have never seen a chameleon have this reaction to a feeder. But Little clown who is now 14 months old does seem to get excited easily.

Here is the vid.. he really bobs a lot at about 1:22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdoh8gWxLxg

Thanks! He is my little gem. We hatched and raised him ourselves .

He did eat the worm...I guess he wanted to sweet talk it first or something...:rolleyes:

What a hoot! That clown is as colorful as you see at a circus. Watching his colors as he checked out the worm was like a light show. i was sure he was going for it a couple of times, but you spoiled the ending.:(

What a hoot! That clown is as colorful as you see at a circus. Watching his colors as he checked out the worm was like a light show. i was sure he was going for it a couple of times, but you spoiled the ending.:(

darn it I know! I just figured he wasnt going to go for it and I didnt want the video to be too long and drawn out.

The silkworm gushed all this green Goo out of it when he ate it. It was pretty gross.

Thats one of the nicest coloring i've seen on a cham!

Thanks! He is a really laid back guy too. We took him to the last Orlando Repticon to be on display. He wowed the audience by eating supers out of their hands.

We do have some eggs fathered by him but they where just laid.....so it will be a long time before we have any babies.

Last edited:
What a sad video. He is sooooo ready, you can just see him at the end going, is there another girl in the house-- I'm looking.......

He looks mad in the beginning. :) I bet he was trying to fight it, then had a change of heart, then got hungry :D

Back
Top Bottom