Ling's free range

Lingling

Well, Ling's free ranging seems to be taking over my bedroom, one plant at a time. I've got a couple things to pick up this week, like a 24" linear fixture for the reptisun. Right now he basks and receives UVB from a MV bulb, which seems to be working well with him, but I want him to also have the option of getting his UVB without the heat of the MV. I'm going to pick up a humidifier as well for the rest of the winter months. My aquarium has actually helped keep the humidity up in the room.

Hux will be moving into his big cage, 2x2x4, soon. I would like to free range him as well, but for right now, that's not an option with Ling free ranging.

Here's his free range, as of tonight:

freerangeshrink.jpg

Well, Ling's free ranging seems to be taking over my bedroom, one plant at a time. I've got a couple things to pick up this week, like a 24" linear fixture for the reptisun. Right now he basks and receives UVB from a MV bulb, which seems to be working well with him, but I want him to also have the option of getting his UVB without the heat of the MV. I'm going to pick up a humidifier as well for the rest of the winter months. My aquarium has actually helped keep the humidity up in the room.

Hux will be moving into his big cage, 2x2x4, soon. I would like to free range him as well, but for right now, that's not an option with Ling free ranging.

Here's his free range, as of tonight:

View attachment 31163

Thats awesome wish my mom would let me do that. lol how do you feed him? And whats in your aquarium? :)

That's really cool! Those types of free ranges are the most fun for us owners, I think, because you can keep adding to them as time goes on.

Thats awesome wish my mom would let me do that. lol how do you feed him? And whats in your aquarium? :)

Haha, tell her it's a study on plant life, for educational purposes! He cup feeds really well, so feeding is easy.

The aquarium has 10 cardinal tetras, 6 dwarf neon rainbows, 5 corydoras (3 concolor & 2 julii), 5 ottocinclus, a bristlenose plec, and two juvenile discus (a blue turquoise and a red spot). There's some Amano shrimp and nerite snails as well, and all the plants are live. I'm waiting for a nice pair of microgeophagus ramirezi to add, and that will be the last of the fish.

How do you water? I am going to free range in awhile but cant seem to figure out how you guys do it.. i work full time so yeah...

Thats a great lookin set up by the way

How do you water? I am going to free range in awhile but cant seem to figure out how you guys do it.. i work full time so yeah...

Thats a great lookin set up by the way

Thank you! As far as watering and misting, I'm still trying different things. I use a small fountain on top of the bookshelf only to help with humidity, but he doesn't drink from it. Even so, it is scrubbed down regularly. The live plants and even the aquarium also maintain/add humidity. I mist regularly so that he can drink off the leaves. He eats vegetables as well, which provide a lot of moisture. I just ordered another dripper to add to his free range. I would love to set up a misting system, but I simply don't have the money right now. In a couple weeks I'd like to get ahold of that new exo terra misting system, hoping to get a discount on it through my work. Maybe even hit up the rep to see if he'll give me one to "try out"... hey, I dream big, haha. I know it's not the MistKing, but I'm sure it would do fine for what I need.

Back
Top Bottom