Lights at night help?

Off. chams dont need lights at ngiht. and cannot sleep with them on, usually. if your temps get below like 65ish, then use a space heater to warm it up some.

chams can easily take temps down in to the 50's so around or below 65 is not really necessary.

I have my cages hooked up to automatic temperature controllers with ceramic heat bulbs... at night when the lights go out, the ceramic bulbs will kick in if it gets too cold, but most of the time my house keeps the temp ok at night without any additional heating.

the temp controllers are available at lllreptile.com (and probably plenty of other places as well), they are made by zoomed.

I have my cages hooked up to automatic temperature controllers with ceramic heat bulbs... at night when the lights go out, the ceramic bulbs will kick in if it gets too cold, but most of the time my house keeps the temp ok at night without any additional heating.

the temp controllers are available at lllreptile.com (and probably plenty of other places as well), they are made by zoomed.

It gets that cold in the OK? Im shocked

Yeah, not often... but we hit -10 degrees a few nights this past winter... and since I like my house fairly cool at night, it will dip to 66 - 68 degrees sometimes... which isn't exactly cold, but I try to keep the chameleon cages at 70 - 72 degrees ambient, so sometimes the ceramic bulbs kick in... I'm sure I could get by without the ceramic heat bulbs, but when you spend tons of money on acquiring a chameleon collection, you feel compelled to take any and all precautions to keep them comfortable and healthy :)

yeah my little ones i keep in my cham room i keep the temp in there at 70-75 all day and night don't want to chance it when its not summer and turn off the lights at 8. my big boys i keep in my living room cause they can handle it being around 60ish but i do use a black light heat bulb when i think it might get cold so one its not bright but they stay warm if they need it. but mine sleep at times when i might be doing something i go in turn them off and they are on their perches sound asleep. el grumpo just passes out even and sleeps through anything especially when i play video games till like 4 in the a.m.

Yeah try living in South Dakota. Kinda sucks cuz it doesn't allow but a couple months of outside time. But my room gets no lower than 60 at night (typically 65 ish) and so I usually don't heat his cage at night

Back
Top Bottom