lighting???????????????/

Tifanydalpont

i have a repti glo 5.0 uvb and a daylight 100 watt uva...duel light dome... is that ok for him to bask under the uva??? he loves the 100 watt light 95-100 degrees deppending how high he goes

Are they tube lights?
Most people here use a Repti Sun 5.0 and a regular incandescent light for basking. What type of chameleon do you have? 100 degrees sounds pretty hot. Chameleons will sometimes not realize and allow themselves to get burnt/injured from high heat.

no there bulbs the repti glo 5.0 hasnt caused any problem i check on him 2-3 times a day.. and he has no blindness or the other problems people have said about the compact bulbs.. if i ever notice any probles i
ll change it to a tube.. but so far i notice he doesnt ever look directly to the lights.. but i read that they cant tell how hot it is, if the heat is on there feet or lower body.. thats why heated vines are bad, but they can tell if its get too hot if the heat is coming from the top of there body, and if they are felling too hot then they'll move away to a cooler spot...but he loves it right now... its so cool in los angeles 48 drgrees out side and 60 dergees in our house... i see him move down the vines if its too hot.. havent seen any skin problem if it a burn issue.. olso he doesnt climb on the top of the cage any more, his to big and heavy..lol

Assuming we are talking about your 7 month old Veiled, I would try to keep your basking spot closer to 90 degrees, and I am hoping you are using a digital thermometer. I am still not a fan of using compact bulbs, and the chances are that you have not had him long enough to see the effects.

no there bulbs the repti glo 5.0 hasnt caused any problem i check on him 2-3 times a day.. and he has no blindness or the other problems people have said about the compact bulbs.. if i ever notice any probles i
ll change it to a tube..

Why wait for a problem? Might as well take preventive measures so you don't have any problems at all. It might save you a lot of grief and money in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom