lighting..

richpass6

hey guys so my 2x2x4 enclosure is complete!! just one thing... i was wondering what heat bulb is recommended for an enclosure this size??? also..whats a good,safe grow bulb to get as well?? the reason for the grow bulb is because there will be a hibiscus in the cage. thanks!

hey guys so my 2x2x4 enclosure is complete!! just one thing... i was wondering what heat bulb is recommended for an enclosure this size??? also..whats a good,safe grow bulb to get as well?? the reason for the grow bulb is because there will be a hibiscus in the cage. thanks!

The wattage of the heat producing bulb will depend on the ambient temperature of your room. In summer I'm using 40wat bulbs, in winter 60-100watts. My cages are roughly 2 feet depp 2 feet wide an dfour feet in height.

a 65k light tube will help for the plant. most any florescent grow bulb will be "safe"

Last edited:
try a 60 watt household bulb and see if that works for you to maintain the proper temps, I have the same size cage and that works great for me. as far as a grow bulb i just got a 18 inch 2700k plant and aquarium bulb (which says on it that it is the proper light spectrum for optimal plant growth), i was looking for a 6500k bulb like some people on here recommend but i have not found one yet. I started a post asking if it was safe bulb to use but nobody has replied.

oh ya if you can set your light up to hang above the enclosure you can adjust the height of it therefore adjusting the temperature. hope that helps.

the reason i'm asking is because i came across a really nice heat bulb that would penetrate at least 2 feet of the enclosure...i forget the name of it or where i saw it but it fits nicely in a 10' dome lamp.. can anyone help? i dont feel a 40 or 60 will help with heating in such a large enclosure and i feel 100 would be too hot in the basking spot..

thank you! im just nervous the 60 isnt gunna be hot enough for temps around the rest of the cage.. i use a 60 watt now in his little cage he has and i get around 85-90 in hist basking and mid 70's in the rest of the cage... but this cage now is like 4X maybe 6X's the size lol

Back
Top Bottom