Lighting Suggestions?

Snootchie0210

Hi.

I'm upgrading to a full 24"x24"x48" from an 18"x18"x36" one. I'm planning on using the old heat dome for the basking spot. Although I am thinking about upgrading my UVB light source. Hoping for any recommendations.

I'm leaning towards the {24" HO T5 Double Bulb fixture with Arcadia 6% and 6.5k Day-light Bulbs Included} advertised at Light Your Reptiles. But I just don't know much about it. I would like to know how long the Arcadia UVB bulbs last and if there are comparable products (bulbs) that are available at pet stores. I dont wants to have to order it online everytime it needs to be replaced.

**also would like some recommendations on UV meters. Something affordable. I just want to take the guess work out of when to replace UVB bulbs.

Thanks.
Ryan

Your bulb setup pick is correct and is what im running now. Arcadias last 1 year. If you dont want to get the arcadias again, you can replace them with the new reptisun T5 HO 5.0 bulbs, and the 6500k with the Ultrasun model ment for FRESH water aquariums.

Your bulb setup pick is correct and is what im running now. Arcadias last 1 year. If you dont want to get the arcadias again, you can replace them with the new reptisun T5 HO 5.0 bulbs, and the 6500k with the Ultrasun model ment for FRESH water aquariums.

Thanks.

Does the Reptisun T5 HO 5.0 bulbs last a year too?

Inky opinion Arcadia is the superior product. I have only used these and have been amazed by them. They give off lots of lights and the chameleons love them.

Inky opinion Arcadia is the superior product. I have only used these and have been amazed by them. They give off lots of lights and the chameleons love them.

Yeah. I'll probably end up sticking to it when I get it. Just exploring other options. It doesn't seem to be as readily available here in the states compared to the UK. If it craps out on me I want to be able to run to a local petstore for a quick replacement.

Back
Top Bottom