Lighting question

OrangeJuice

Established Member
Hello all, just wondering if these bulbs I have emit UVB and if not, what brand does. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2813.JPG
    IMG_2813.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 101
Those are just 6500k bulbs. They are not UVB

You will need some arcadia T5HO 6% from light your reptiles, or reptisun 5.0 T5HO from zoomed.

Thanks guys! Another question for the reptisun 5.0 I have a small tube light for it, but people have told me it's trash. Is it just the shape of the bulb that's bad? Also should I go 10.0 so I don't have to bring down the light fixture?

Oh, will my fixture be okay or do I need to buy a different one as well? Thank you guys, I want the best for my chams

Your fixture should work fine with the arcadia. I dont have my bulb in front of me at the moment but you would have to see if the reptisun 5.0 is t5ho. Since your fixture is a High Output fixture I think youll be fine using a 5.0 bulb. I personally use a t8 fixture and a reptisun 10.0 bulb since my chams enclosure is dense with live plants and I need the UVB penetration.

Best scenario for lighting in your cage would be a fixture that is about the width of your cage that way the UVB is spread over a wider portion of the cage instead of a narrow spot that you see with the compact UVB bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom