Lighting Layout

Kharn

Hello

Due to certain circumstances I am incapable of utilizing a Linear Fluro Light Fixture (long story short - I cannot get it into my country without paying 3x extra the overall cost of the fixture itself, and I do NOT see the linear fluro bulbs surviving the trip themselves).

So I have to use...CFL lighting...I have done lots of reading that makes me paranoid about this but have also read that those problems were mostly from older bulb makes, not the current generation of bulbs, but it has left the CFL with a bit of a stigma, I don't really know as I have never used them.

I'm going with the Exo Terra UVB 200 CFLs & the Zoo Med Basking Bulb 50W

Question I have is this...

My terrarium is quite long (48" Long x 36" Tall x 18" Wide) so I have ordered 2 of the ZooMed Mini Deep Dome TWIN fixtures (4 bulbs total running in the 2 twin domes).

My question is what would be the optimal method of bulb placement within each of the 2 TWIN fixtures...

Option A or B???
(as per diagram)

drrN2Ao.jpg

Cheers for any help you can provide! :D

Personally, I would think option B has more potential to let your chameleon thermal regulate easier.

It is how I have my lights.

I am in no regards an expert but hopefully my 0.2 cents was worth something to you!

Personally, I would think option B has more potential to let your chameleon thermal regulate easier.

It is how I have my lights.

I am in no regards an expert but hopefully my 0.2 cents was worth something to you!

Input is input and thanks for it :D

I was also leaning towards OPTION B as well.

Back
Top Bottom