Light Questions

AnamCara

Chameleon Enthusiast
This is maybe a stupid question but if I want to use mostly live plants do I have to consider any additional / different light other than the UVB light needed for the cham?

Also, is there any good reference for heat lamb wattage vs terrarium size? I'm having a little trouble getting the temperatures where I want them in the habitat.

Thanks! I'm super excited to have found this forum!

For healthy, thriving plants I'd recommend a fluorescent 6500K plant light in addition to the UVB! That's what I do and it works wonders

The best application for both UVB and plant bulbs is by far T5 fluorescents. The screw in coil (compact fluorescents), are poorly suited for reptiles due to a narrow output and poor lifespan.

The best application for both UVB and plant bulbs is by far T5 fluorescents. The screw in coil (compact fluorescents), are poorly suited for reptiles due to a narrow output and poor lifespan.

Ok so bare with me while I sound dumb -- if i get a t5 flourscent light that will cover the full spectrum that both the cham and plants need? That is, itll have enough uvb for cham? Or will I have to have different bulbs within the fixture to provide full coverage?

(Thanks so much to everyone who has replied!)

Ok that makes sense. I wasn't sure if I could do UVB and Heat element in same fixture. Thanks so much! I'm very glad to have a forum like this to help!

Back
Top Bottom