Light fixture

Wearfx

Hi,
We're moving our 6mos, male Ambilobe into a bigger cage. 2x2x4.
I've been looking at the dual combo hoods from Zoo Med. Combo of LED and a T5.
But my local shop wants over $200. I can order one online, but once online I started searching and found lots of different set ups that are providing the same thing (I think) at much less.
Then I ran across a thread here from someone using a quad light. 4 -T5 bulbs in one hood.
Got me digging even more.
I found this fixture on Amazon. I already have the UVB T5 bulb. Can I just add the plant growing bulb and a couple daylight bulbs?

Anyone else using something similar?

Any input or experience would be awesome!
Thank you!!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01714XD1K/ref=psdc_2975458011_t2_B01714RE7O

For what it's worth, I would personally recommend metal halide setup such as Zoo Med HID system or Exo Terra Sunray. This is what I am using and our Vailed seems to be thriving. He's been more active and the plants love it. In the past few years, metal halide systems have really changed. Efficient, all-in-one light source and super bright.

For what it's worth, I would personally recommend metal halide setup such as Zoo Med HID system or Exo Terra Sunray. This is what I am using and our Vailed seems to be thriving. He's been more active and the plants love it. In the past few years, metal halide systems have really changed. Efficient, all-in-one light source and super bright.

Thank you!

This may help as well
UVB lighting pic.jpeg

I would be interested to know what kind of out put you are getting with these since you seem to really like them. What are your solarmeter readings below and around the cage.

Go to lightyourreptiles.com and look at their selections of Arcadia 12% and 6500k dual setup. This is what I recommend and they are totally worth every penny spent

The fixture on Amazon you have listed looks great. I would have at least one Arcadia 6% UVB and 3 plant bulbs. The metal halide lights are good for supplemental lighting and heat, but alone are not enough. I use a quad fixture for proper lighting for my plants(and chameleon), and also use the Exo Terra bulb. As I’ve stated in a few other posts, the Sunray was far too powerfull for the first 3 months. My Solarmeter showed readings of 10 initially, but lowered to about 6-7 before I placed my chameleon in the cage. It’s now 3 years old and measures at about 5.0 UVI where my basking area is.

Back
Top Bottom