Powerful weed light for chameleon?

Ben28tx

IMG_1132.jpeg

This is the ppfd for the light. I have t5 fixtures and bulbs but this new led was $350 and I could really use it to help a sick chameleon if possible .
It’s full spectrum led.

https://www.amazon.com/Coverage-Spectrum-MeanWell-Dimmable-Commercial/dp/B08FQRR9RB

IMG_1135.jpeg
IMG_1136.jpeg

Sounds like you already bought this light? You could get a plant light (Arcadia Jungle Dawn) this would only help the plants and the providing daylight effect, if you don’t have a linear UVB source that will be the light you would want to help make him “feel” better. You can get the bulb and fixture for about 50-60 bucks.

From other members and experience having anything other than “bright” white can harm if you go past that or with diff colors I think that’s around 6500k

Post a pic of your setup and don’t be shy with posting pics of the chameleon and if you’re really wanting the best help, copy and paste the husbandry review for the most detailed answers! This under the husbandry section of the forum

Linear T5 HO UVB in 5.0 or 6.0 will prob be the correct based on how far your branches are from the top of the enclosure so we will need to see pics before any will say for sure that’s what you need!

Hello! Most of us have plant lights for our plants, other than providing extra light for our chameleons I do not believe they have any benefits to the chameleon's actual health. If you have a sick chameleon we would love to help you problem solve to see if we can support you in getting your chameleon feeling better. If you can fill out the form below and share pictures of your chameleon and your enclosure including the lights on top that would help us a lot!

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with, and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long do you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high-traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem -

I got the light for plants but my outside normally healthy panther chameleon is 6 and slowed down, sleep, so was thinking of bringing him inside for his last couple days. Do panther get bright before they die tho?

Attachments

• IMG_1145.jpeg
    IMG_1145.jpeg
    150.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1142.jpeg
    IMG_1142.jpeg
    203.5 KB · Views: 15
I’m so sorry he is passing. 6 years is pretty good for a panther chameleon. I hope I get as long with my chams. I think just do your best to make him comfortable in his last days ❤️

I’m so sorry he is passing. 6 years is pretty good for a panther chameleon. I hope I get as long with my chams. I think just do your best to make him comfortable in his last days ❤️
He’s just died. But he’s green usually but he giving me show on the way out and is yellow and blue. His eyes open but not moving or breathing. I’m sad. Was going to be 6 in March. He was a good boy. He had a 4 x 4 x 6 cage outside, and when I would come up to the door to take him inside, he would come up to me like a puppy. He also got out of his cage outside ones and walked about 15 yards to my back door, he could’ve gone any direction. It took me about 11 months of trying to hand, feed him every day before he became comfortable with me. He had a custom set up my room but he would find a branch somewhere and sleep eye level w me. I look back and think we coulda done this or that differently. But I think he had a good life. His grandpa was featured on YouTube National Geographic chameleon episode.
My chameleon was born March 18 and was gonna be 6. I’ll miss him.
I think I’m done w chameleons for a while.

I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s so hard losing a beloved pet. It sounds like he had an incredible life with you. Take your time to mourn his loss and if you ever want to get a chance again we are all here.
❤️❤️❤️

Why do u think they flare up before death? I appreciate it since I don’t see him often in his yellow and blues

Ty guys
Very sad
Just letting him chill on me until I decide what to do w hi

When they get old is it a faster process to die since they try so hard to not look weak? Like it seemed he had trouble holding on, stopped moving but ate, didn’t eat yesterday, then died today. All within just maybe 4-5 days.
I know w mbd it’s a long process but he was fine then slowed down a couple days then lost strong grip then died. I think he got weak Monday and today on Saturday.
Is old death a fast one like mine??

I’m so sorry your beautiful guy has gone. It sounds like a chameleon couldn’t have asked for a better keeper and that you gave him a wonderful life…and a peaceful passing. Unfortunately, six years is not long enough for us, but is an achievement for a chameleon to live so long. I can’t tell you if the timeline of his decline is fast or not. Compared to the three who I’ve lost, it is very much so. I do know that regardless of the speed in which we lose them, it hurts our heart all the same.
Take your time to grieve and find a special way to honor his memory. Take comfort in your memories and what a gift you were to each other. Sending love, healing and hugs. ((( 💗 )))

Back
Top Bottom