Let's try this again... But with a little VANILLA

Awesome color coming in. I think my ambanja is from matts same clutch and has basically no red at this point. Time will tell i suppose. Pic from this past weekend
20190623_100950.jpg

I’m pretty sure you got the last Ambanja he was selling out of that clutch. When I first started talking to Matt in April he showed me an Ambanja an told me that was his last boy. I didn’t have a cage ready or anything or I probably would of snatched him up so settled on waiting for one of his blue bar babies. Pretty cool you got him. Now I can watch him grow up and know he went to a great home :)
I think I got 2nd too last of the Tourmaline F1s. So glad I did but also so sorry to hear of Tourmalines passing. I know Matt kept a few holdback so with a new Ambanja female we can still continue Tourmalines line at F2.

Beautiful! Mine is from this same clutch too, I think. I didn't realize that Tourmaline passed.
Max doesn't have any red yet like that though. I do love the turquoise, plus the yellow around their lips!
He loves crickets, silks, and supers. Completely not interested in an sort of roach right now. Gutload with bee pollen, Bug Burger/Superload, collard greens, mustard greens, and carrots mostly. I supplement with Repashy SuperCal NoD daily, Herptavite once every 3 weeks, ExoTerra Calcium + D3 once every 3 weeks, and Repashy VitAPlus once every weeks. I use a single 5.0 24" T5HO and give him 2 or 3 sessions of outdoor time for 30min each.

Are colors hereditary or related to nutrition? I always just assumed it was hereditary but it seems like your attributing it to what your feeding? My schedule seems spot on to yours minus the bug burger and my guy loves dubias. Outside time maybe an hour or two on sat and sunday. And literally no red in comparison to yours.

He loves crickets, silks, and supers. Completely not interested in an sort of roach right now. Gutload with bee pollen, Bug Burger/Superload, collard greens, mustard greens, and carrots mostly. I supplement with Repashy SuperCal NoD daily, Herptavite once every 3 weeks, ExoTerra Calcium + D3 once every 3 weeks, and Repashy VitAPlus once every weeks. I use a single 5.0 24" T5HO and give him 2 or 3 sessions of outdoor time for 30min each.
We have very similar gutload and supplement routines I think as well as outdoor time. I'm using 6% Arcadia for UVB, and his diet is dubia, crickets, silkworms, BSFL and BSFs, blue bottle flies, and supers and horns as treats. Hard to get a good picture of him in his tree outside with all the leaves but here's a photo of him right now. Yay for brothers!

Attachments

• 41FE2359-7658-4291-B615-2368618A2AB2.jpeg
    41FE2359-7658-4291-B615-2368618A2AB2.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 187
We have very similar gutload and supplement routines I think as well as outdoor time. I'm using 6% Arcadia for UVB, and his diet is dubia, crickets, silkworms, BSFL and BSFs, blue bottle flies, and supers and horns as treats. Hard to get a good picture of him in his tree outside with all the leaves but here's a photo of him right now. Yay for brothers!
OMG he is soooo handsome!!! I love how their faces all look the same. The three stooges if you ask me lol

Your guy is beautiful!! He’s a Matt baby as well?

Are colors hereditary or related to nutrition? I always just assumed it was hereditary but it seems like your attributing it to what your feeding? My schedule seems spot on to yours minus the bug burger and my guy loves dubias. Outside time maybe an hour or two on sat and sunday. And literally no red in comparison to yours.
It's mostly hereditary. I'm just wondering if food intake maybe have something to do with colors as well. For instance increasing the beta carotene intake of my red stripe gargoyle gecko will cause him to display his red more prominent when fired up. I have noticed this in tropical fish as well. Bosmanian Rainbow fish react to beta carotene in such a way as well.

It's mostly hereditary. I'm just wondering if food intake maybe have something to do with colors as well. For instance increasing the beta carotene intake of my red stripe gargoyle gecko will cause him to display his red more prominent when fired up. I have noticed this in tropical fish as well. Bosmanian Rainbow fish react to beta carotene in such a way as well.
Diet definitely has a lot to do with color I would imagine this is why Wild caught specimens seem to have some really unique and wild colors. We can’t replicate the diet in nature but we can at least do the best we can and offer as much variety for our insects to eat to benefit our chameleons.

My guy doesn't have any red either yet, though I do love the orange on his eyes.

Back
Top Bottom