Lets see your Ambilobe!!!!!

My guy just got a shed and is starting to show more colors especially his bar. but it's slow going as most things chameleon. I try not to mess with him much and avoid handling unless I'm cleaning the entire enclosure because he really freaks out. That's the only time I really see him "fired up" .

I see posts all the time of peoples 5 month ambilobe and it looks like one of the kammerflage breeders and I'm like wow what are they gut loading with?!?

My chameleon has vivid colors for his age... does gut loading make a difference in their color?

My chameleon has vivid colors for his age... does gut loading make a difference in their color?

Probably not a big effect on colors directly (nothing like using certain greens makes reds pop more or anything) but I applied a good health good colors train of thought.

Personally I use different leafy greens collar mustard parsley ,sweet potatoes, carrots all simple stuff that's already in the fridge. Also I got some cricket crack to top things off.

My Cham shows browns or dark colors in the am while basking and then will have his chill greenish blues throughout the day but never anything as astonishing as other posts of similar ages. I feel like I'm doing the best I can offering different feeders gutloading and using supplements, hot5 uvb ,br30 basking light, live plants and a mist king. I figure it is just a matter of time. I've seen photos of the mother and father as well as the sires sire if he is even half as colorful I'd still be enthralled

My boy has had beautiful colors since I got him - an array of pastels turning into gorgeous jewel tones over the course of a few months. Good breeding without inbreeding; proper husbandry with high quality UVB; excellent nutrition with a wide variety of properly gutloaded insects; and a good supplement plan that covers not just the essentials, but attempts to replicate what they would be getting from the wild - these are the things that make healthy & beautiful chams.

This is my male arcus top when he managed a glimpse of himself, and bottom when he was younger and sunbathing from Flynn bloodline at FL chams
22C5E23E-7D88-4806-A820-96B550371CA4.jpeg

Attachments

• 7060B46B-DEFC-4EFE-BE73-4CA21FF6ED41.jpeg
    7060B46B-DEFC-4EFE-BE73-4CA21FF6ED41.jpeg
    266.3 KB · Views: 362
Wow, when did you get him? I have a Flynn from FL Chams too.
I got him December of this last year, he’s been a joy, he will readily come to me as the mobile food tree, especially if I have hornworms lol, I have two females but one literally gets upset if she even notices you looking at her haha

Last edited:
New to the Forum. After our 17 year old daughter sparked interest in getting a chameleon, doing quite a bit of research (still learning) now we have 2! First reptiles I've ever owned!

I'll attach 2 photos of our 2 guys. Our daughter's (Melmon) is 10 months old. Purchased from a long time breeder. He is an Ambilobe Panther. Very easy going, doing great.

My chameleon was purchased at our local reptile store. Was told he was about 2 months old. Was also told he was a Nosy Be Panther. His name is Lazuli from the beautiful lapis lazuli gemstone. He is now 7 months old. His coloring is NOT what I expected as I thought he'd show a lot more blues. However, he's super comfortable with people, handling, hanging out with me while on the computer.. literally. Not that we handle our chats extensively, but seems to enjoy socializing/handled more than Melmon. We haven't ever (and will not) expose 1 to another. They have their own vivariums ( Ikea cabinets transformed) including MistKings, Foggers, live plants. It has been a great experience for both our daughter and myself ... a lot of fun watching, learning etc. I'm not the best photographer but will share a photo of each of them.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_5583.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_5583.jpeg
    463.7 KB · Views: 221
  • fullsizeoutput_5582.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_5582.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 215
  • fullsizeoutput_5580.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_5580.jpeg
    291.5 KB · Views: 216
  • fullsizeoutput_557d.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_557d.jpeg
    294.1 KB · Views: 220
Some stunning photos love seeing the different variations within the local. When my guy was young he was almost all blues then after a good shed all the colors began to pop. So happy to see those blue and green bars putzing around the canopy this morning on my day off .

Two unrelated babies. A male and a female. Can only guess which is which. 6-8 weeks. Not as impressive as adults, but so cute.

Attachments

• DD239026-339B-4D55-83AD-6BC60F7B5830.jpeg
    DD239026-339B-4D55-83AD-6BC60F7B5830.jpeg
    259.9 KB · Views: 195
  • EE2C57FF-E392-486D-A0BA-1B396F1C35D7.jpeg
    EE2C57FF-E392-486D-A0BA-1B396F1C35D7.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 212
  • B863EF73-E1C7-4562-B979-7DB48258A91E.jpeg
    B863EF73-E1C7-4562-B979-7DB48258A91E.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 213
  • E5B650C9-ED56-4728-9612-10DBF60F165E.jpeg
    E5B650C9-ED56-4728-9612-10DBF60F165E.jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 204
New to the Forum. After our 17 year old daughter sparked interest in getting a chameleon, doing quite a bit of research (still learning) now we have 2! First reptiles I've ever owned!

I'll attach 2 photos of our 2 guys. Our daughter's (Melmon) is 10 months old. Purchased from a long time breeder. He is an Ambilobe Panther. Very easy going, doing great.

My chameleon was purchased at our local reptile store. Was told he was about 2 months old. Was also told he was a Nosy Be Panther. His name is Lazuli from the beautiful lapis lazuli gemstone. He is now 7 months old. His coloring is NOT what I expected as I thought he'd show a lot more blues. However, he's super comfortable with people, handling, hanging out with me while on the computer.. literally. Not that we handle our chats extensively, but seems to enjoy socializing/handled more than Melmon. We haven't ever (and will not) expose 1 to another. They have their own vivariums ( Ikea cabinets transformed) including MistKings, Foggers, live plants. It has been a great experience for both our daughter and myself ... a lot of fun watching, learning etc. I'm not the best photographer but will share a photo of each of them.

That's one awesome cage. Your chameleons are beautiful too

Back
Top Bottom