Lets see stress colors from everyone!!!

Rex when we first got him, not a happy camper.

Rexmad1.jpg

Rex when he sees the dog (out of focus unfortunately)

Rexhiding-1.jpg

George when he saw the bearded dragon run by

GeorgeFired.jpg

Monty when he saw George the day his previous owner dropped him off.

Montyfiredup-1.jpg

I guess this debate would be much more
Meaningfullnif you would oay attention to
Defining the term

there are animals
Show
And called stressed rhat merely communicate, the others merely exposed to any stress
Pete

I am not saying intentionally stress out your chameleon, BUT a common question i have seen on the forum is "are these colors (usually dark) stress colors or what do they mean?" So lets provide colors of chameleons that are showing different colors and what they mean in the description! This should help a lot of people relax or at least understand what is going on with their cham, especially panthers, but all are always welcome!
I am not saying intentionally stress out your chameleon, BUT a common question i have seen on the forum is "are these colors (usually dark) stress colors or what do they mean?" So lets provide colors of chameleons that are showing different colors and what they mean in the description! This should help a lot of people relax or at least understand what is going on with their cham, especially panthers, but all are always welcome!
so skippy has different variations. But i think this will be an interesting thread as well. The one where he is dark green was from when i took too long putting his hornworm in the enclosure he got a little impatient ? the other one he was originally on my shoulder when he saw his self in the mirror and the last one is of him sleeping peacefully ?
20200411_152526.jpg
20200412_175518.jpg
20200505_205302.jpg

FOLKS, I am sorry, I need to jumpmin even more than I intended when oointing on the definitions.

we run absolutely wrong way.

we do not see stress colors, we show colors rhat we believe are stress reactions but in fact they are not, they just show notmal behavioral petterns, no stress at all.

the dfinition of stress is:

Stress in Animals
Stress occurs when animals have to make extreme and/or prolonged physiological and behavioural adjustments in order to cope with their environment.

S Situations

T That

R Release

E Emergency

S Signals for

S Survival

Animals can experience three types of stress:

• Physical – due to fatigue or injury.
  • Physiological – due to hunger, thirst or temperature control.
  • Behavioural – due to the environment, unfamiliar people or surroundings.
The factors which can cause stress are called stressors, e.g. noise, unfamiliar pen-mates or dogs. Although many animals might be able to tolerate a single stressor for a short period of time, multiple stressors over a long period of time may lead to distress and suffering.

The ability of animals to cope with stress will also depend on:

• the genetic background of the species;
  • the animal’s past experiences.
Some degree of stress is inevitable during transport, the aim must be to keep it to a minimum.

Attachments

• ACB0778A-3149-4AE8-8845-04FB1F277C6E.jpeg
    ACB0778A-3149-4AE8-8845-04FB1F277C6E.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 101
Back
Top Bottom