lets see pics of everyones rare species they are keeping or have kept...

Here are a couple pics of my young male Brookesia superciliaris.

I have 2.2 B. superciliaris, and the larger male, which has appeared around this forum before, eats out of my hand enthusiastically. If I put my hand in his cage, he comes looking for food from my finger tips. But when my wife tried to feed him this past week while I was out of town, he hid from her hand and wouldn't come near. He's my boy!

i remember afew years ago i saw acouple of these at a reptile shop they were quite expensive even to this day i regret not getting accouple lol

Attachments

• archie stick.jpg
    archie stick.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 238
  • green girl.jpg
    green girl.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 230
kinyongia oxyrhina

pics?

Melrito, any updates on the pair?

They're doing great, the girl is becoming less shy and not running and hiding in the foliage as soon as she sees movement - and she shed yesterday for the first time since I got her. The male is going great, very active and seems very happy :) I am planning to introduce them after the girl's deworming program is done in 2 weeks.

Here are some pics:

Attachments

• P1020921.JPG
    P1020921.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 187
  • P1020928.JPG
    P1020928.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 183
  • P1020996.JPG
    P1020996.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 188
very nice acuminatus charlie! thanks for sharing.

melrito, I miss that guy!!! lol and she looks so small! cant wait to see what happens when theyre introduced. Keep us posted.

melrito, I miss that guy!!! lol and she looks so small! cant wait to see what happens when theyre introduced. Keep us posted.

She is really small, about 4 inches overall, about 1.5 inches snout to vent! They're great little chams, I really do love them. I know they're super rare, but if anyone ever hears about others available (even a single male or female), I'd love to get them.

I'll keep everyone updated and keep your fingers crossed that I'll have success breeding them.

Its a shame about the one male but I am really glad that male ended up with a female. Hopefully she continues to do well and you get some breeding action going!! I also miss that little male. He is such a cool cham!

just doing a quick bump for this thread, hoping to see if we can get an update on some of those rarer species..

and if anyone can toss up a care sheet for the gallus...

Okay... it is general photography and you asked for something other than "the usual" so here it is!

This is Calyx, she is one of probably less than 20 of her mutation in the US, breed by me... it's a chamchilla? :p

calyx.jpg

calyx2.jpg

For those that don't know, one of my passions other than shoving food into Pascal and poking her in the belly, is that I raise and show chins on a national level. Not quite a cham, but I had to do it to be a smart a$$.

Okay... it is general photography and you asked for something other than "the usual" so here it is!

This is Calyx, she is one of probably less than 20 of her mutation in the US, breed by me... it's a chamchilla? :p

calyx.jpg

calyx2.jpg

For those that don't know, one of my passions other than shoving food into Pascal and poking her in the belly, is that I raise and show chins on a national level. Not quite a cham, but I had to do it to be a smart a$$.

Is she a Goldbar or a Lowe Recessive White? I've actually been breeding chinchillas longer than I've been working with chameleons... I've never gone the show route and always kept my breeding group relatively small, but I've been breeding them now for 19 years.

Chris

Lowe's. I also have Blue Diamonds, a friend and I had them shipped from Denmark. I have a friend who has gold bars that wants me to work with them, but I told him I don't have the money or quality standards to dedicate to that right now while working with the other two.

Chins can be great fun! Sounds like you know your stuff Chris, good for you! You should attend a show if there is one in your area!

Back
Top Bottom