Lethargic and won't use his front arm

Crusader

So not long after I got my Jackson Chameleon last June, he had a problem with his calcium intake. Lead to a swollen foot and leg.

A few days ago, I noticed that he wasn't using his front right foot while roaming around. This morning, I noticed him sitting on the bead of his cage, and acting a bit lethargic. I don't know if it is because it's cooler in the lowest part in the wet shade or what. He also had this weird discoloration along his back.
I just got home from work and he was lying with his head resting on the ground.

Attachments

• IMAG2879.jpg
    IMAG2879.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 178
  • IMAG2878.jpg
    IMAG2878.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 223
I agree it looks like a burn. Is that a red light on him? I can tell just from looking at the pictures you posted his environment may not be correct.

Please read this and follow it exactly.:)

That particular branch is probably too close to his lamp so I'm going to lower it right now. *stepping away from keyboard RIGHT NOW to fix*
And yes, it is a red one. This is my first pet (ever) and it has been quite a learning experience so far.
Are there any particular heat lamps I should look to instead?

I have been looking at getting a different cage. One that is the all mesh wire one all around. It was suggested to me before because of the better airflow. I just haven't had the funds to make the purchase in quite a while. Being laid off from a job has really sucked. (I'm ready to end this multiple part time job frenzy!)

One thing I may be worried about with his arm is that he may have broken it or sprained it. My cat has been a little "adventurous" lately; as in taking a sudden interest in Steggy. I've caught her multiple times leaping on top of his cage. Eventually the top mesh broke and I think she fell in while I was at work. I'm guessing he may have been severely frightened and fallen from his perch, hurting his arm. I'm calling the local reptile vet first thing in the morning and seeing when I can bring him in to get looked at.

I want to get this fixed, and do it the right way.

If your cat is that curious about him I would move him to a room you can close him in. Just the cat sitting in front of his cage could really stress him out. The cat climbing or falling on or in to the cage will absolutely stress him.

I'm not sure if he is eating. If he is not, would that explain his slow response? And then there is his front wrists. He isn't using either of them, meaning he can't climb. the soonest I can get him to a vet is Monday.

As to moving him to a more secluded area... thats going to be impossible. My roomates age pretty much children who will tap his cage allllll day and scream his name to get his attention. I can't wait to move back out to get our own place again. At least in my apartment, having Steggy in out bedroom meant there was very little traffic near him. Now though, its where we live 24/7.

Back
Top Bottom