Less misting for a week....

Ferrah88

I was just wondering if my chameleons would be fine with two mistings (One in the morning and one in the evening) for a week. Right now they get 4 a day (Mornings, noon, afternoon and evening) but the people who mist during the day will be going on vacation for a week. We have someone else looking after our dog while they're gone, but she's older and may forget to close the chameleon's cages...with cats and a dog, this leads me to worry that they may get out if she does... :(

I would give them extra long mistings during these two sessions, so they shouldn't be misting MUCH. (I also only ever see them drink mornings and evenings, the midday ones are mainly for humidity purposes).

Just need some opinions from you guys! Thanks!:D

Can you set up a dropper system? That way they can drink when they want, however they may not recognise the dripped and you may have a drainage problem. The more expensive but efficient way is to invest in an automated system.:)

Can you set up a dropper system? That way they can drink when they want, however they may not recognise the dripped and you may have a drainage problem. The more expensive but efficient way is to invest in an automated system.:)

I have yet to find a place that offers mistking or aquazamp in Germany, and I don't want to buy this "Monsoon" which seems to be the only thing I can get, but breaks easily. Come summer we will hopefully have a misting system though, if we figure out somewhere we can get one! (both chams will be getting bigger & better terrariums too. Summer is just easier for us to do some work outside, building their stands to incorporate good and proper drainage! Right now things work, but there is room for improvement)

Both have a dripper already, although they don't use it (Marimo actually seems scared of it...). But as stated, I do see them drink 1-2 times a day, morning and evening. The "problem" I face is the humidity. Would it be fine if it was a bit lower during the day for a week? After that things will be back to normal and eventually this problem won't arise again! :D

(On a side note, if anyone knows where I can get a good misting system delivered to Germany, hopefully without a buttload of shipping charges, that would be sweet!)

What species do you have again? For adult panthers/veileds I would be fine with mine getting that schedule, but not with a baby or montane species.

Mistking have a supplier in Poland I believe. There is also one on UK. I had mine sent direct from Canada. Took six weeks but couldn't be without it now.:)

What species do you have again? For adult panthers/veileds I would be fine with mine getting that schedule, but not with a baby or montane species.

I have a veiled and an ellioti. Yuki(veiled) is around 5 months, give or take a month, and Marimo(ellioti) is around 7 months. He needs a higher humidity level, but not as high as a jacksons I do believe (He also hates water!). Again, I would be misting heavily before work and when I get home (Might even do it twice should I get home early enough!)

Mistking have a supplier in Poland I believe. There is also one on UK. I had mine sent direct from Canada. Took six weeks but couldn't be without it now.:)

6 weeks isn't too bad. I will have a look some more in the near future and get one from Canada in a worst case! :D If I can't find any direct suppliers, I'll have it shipped to my parents who also live in Canada, and have them ship it to me.

Back
Top Bottom