Length in labor of infertile eggs

Most do not we all start some place . I found this site as you did with having so much to learn in 2015 , Circumstances very similar (Frances ). My boys brought her home from petsmart . My 2 years of research had been on panthers and a male panther . Everything the pet store told my boys was wrong along with Frances being a boy . I kept waiting for them Spurs to show them selfs lol .

I should have returned her . I found this site along with an amazing vet , She was a very sick girl . She was mean as a junkyard dog whom we loved to pieces . We lost Frances March of 2019 she Was just shy of 4 , 4 spring of 2019 .

Anyhow this site taught me so much more than the two years of research . I’ve made some amazing friends here and lost some too . All of my babies have come from friends here . My point is this site is a wealth of information , will get you from point A to point B as long as you have an open mind . Best of luck ❤.
i am sorry for your loss. I didnt mean to come off as disregarding your personal story with your pet or your loss. after the "30 day policy" my husband kept teling me prior to return her. they dont know nothing of her. which was true. they didnt know what gender it was. i did most of the research. she started shedding, eating more and then i thought, im getting this, this is not so bad. then she stopped eating, the dirt was moved, i kept fixing it. found her on the floor. called petco, im not sure why its doing that, if its a male its because of mating. then i found online a female can carry eggs even without a partner. and by that point it was just late now. so im trying to fix it. now i have a lot to reread and adjust

i am sorry for your loss. I didnt mean to come off as disregarding your personal story with your pet or your loss. after the "30 day policy" my husband kept teling me prior to return her. they dont know nothing of her. which was true. they didnt know what gender it was. i did most of the research. she started shedding, eating more and then i thought, im getting this, this is not so bad. then she stopped eating, the dirt was moved, i kept fixing it. found her on the floor. called petco, im not sure why its doing that, if its a male its because of mating. then i found online a female can carry eggs even without a partner. and by that point it was just late now. so im trying to fix it. now i have a lot to reread and adjust
You are not disrespectful , I was not trying to take over your thread with my story . I have been in your shoes however . It take a tremendous amount to care , time/commitment their advanced care . Along with next to no research in general . It’s unfortunate this is your first experience .

The next up is 30x30x70 I think dyi then dragon strand has atrium med and large . I believe @Beman has the med clear side . Don’t quote me however . I do believe other brands make the atrium too .
Yeah I have the Dragon Strand Medium Tall Atrium. I wish I had the large Atrium though. But the medium Tall is 2 foot deep 30 inches wide instead of 24, and 48 inches tall. So the only difference is the width being larger then the standard minimum requirements of enclosure. But like I said I wish I had the large for him because I know he would use every inch of space.

I’m trying to find where I saw it so I can add a link . I thought it was diy put for the life of me can’t find the link . There’s a dude standing in the enclosure.
This was a DIY cage... They do not make it anymore or at least what I was told is they had issues getting the larger pieces for it. :( I called wanting to get this for an outdoor space.

Not afraid at all. I actually do touch them with my hands. But I noticed she would get upset and try lunging when I placed a couple in with the vitamins etc. So I thought it would be easier to just dump them. And yes she would consume all of them in a couple of days. So before Friday they’d be gone. She is more tolerant of my hand with roaches or hornworm. But the crickets she isn’t. Yes I will try to control her feeding. Thank you. When she is back up to eating I was told multivitamin is once’s a week so not sure how that would work.

Okay cool. The multi vitamin is once every two weeks and only on like 6-7 crickets. If you put it on the entire 50-60 youre going to have an issue. She may lunge, with a veiled its quite normal, theyre firey. I'd still use tongs to feed them or use a large clear cup so she can see inside. If you got the reptisun 5.0 from the pet store im assuming its the t8 since petco and petsmart only sell the t5s in a few locations and not across the board. If it is the t8 you'll want to replace that with a t5, reptisun or Arcadia 6%, arcadias the recommendation. t8s dont alway output enough uvb at the distances our chams are in a wide enough area. If it is the t5 the issue is supplementation, which will be solved if you follow the regiment of 6-8 every other day dusting with just calcium every day and a vitamin (i use earth pro A) every two weeks. If you have a t5 the calcium with d3 is overkill, but your petstore will tell you the cham will die if you dont have it, theyre dumb dont listen to them lol.

Okay cool. The multi vitamin is once every two weeks and only on like 6-7 crickets. If you put it on the entire 50-60 youre going to have an issue. She may lunge, with a veiled its quite normal, theyre firey. I'd still use tongs to feed them or use a large clear cup so she can see inside. If you got the reptisun 5.0 from the pet store im assuming its the t8 since petco and petsmart only sell the t5s in a few locations and not across the board. If it is the t8 you'll want to replace that with a t5, reptisun or Arcadia 6%, arcadias the recommendation. t8s dont alway output enough uvb at the distances our chams are in a wide enough area. If it is the t5 the issue is supplementation, which will be solved if you follow the regiment of 6-8 every other day dusting with just calcium every day and a vitamin (i use earth pro A) every two weeks. If you have a t5 the calcium with d3 is overkill, but your petstore will tell you the cham will die if you dont have it, theyre dumb dont listen to them lol.
lol thank you. yes i learned that now. and i find myself correcting them when they sell that same story to other customers looking at chameleons. :rolleyes: will look into getting a t5. so that is extra uvb placed next to the other light fixture?

This was a DIY cage... They do not make it anymore or at least what I was told is they had issues getting the larger pieces for it. :( I called wanting to get this for an outdoor space.
They do not make the 30x30x70 any longer dang !!. No other companies make it either .

Last edited:
Huh?? Some of mine have.
That doesn’t make it “usual.” If they are “usually” doing this than I encourage you to start a thread with the help form and with the standard pics so we can help figure out what’s wrong. This is a sign that your chams are in great duress.

Update:
This morning I found her at the bottom when I went to turn on the light and give med. I didn’t find her at the top and found her at the bottom. Her eyes weren’t closed. I turned on the light. I decided not to give her the med, and left the area right away. I’m not sure if she was digging or anything. Shortly after I see her back up on her branch but mid way. I’m not sure if she was digging or what. My husband said when he left to work she was up on her branch sleeping. I did not open her cage nor touch her to give her her med. should I be concerned?

Back
Top Bottom