Legs problem

sayller

Hello guys.
I have some problem with my chameleon
Please some one help me
it have 5-6 months
i have him for 2 months almost 3
some weeks ago i so something is not oky with him... i noticed his legs is growing not correct ,,
so i bought calcium with D3 and after 2-3 days my order of calcium without D3, and i feeding 2 times with D3 and other 5 days without D3 and feels better

but his legs is steal not oky ...
and from back leg from right is little swollen...
please help with some suggestions!!! :(

To correct MBD you need to give your chameleon some liquid calcium sandoz or gluconate until the bones are strong again. You will need a vet.
To keep the MBD from returning you need to supplement/dust the insects properly and feed/gutload them properly. You need to make sure you hydrated the chameleon properly and provide a proper basking temperature so it can digest it's food properly.

I feed/ gutload crickets, roaches, superworms, locusts with dandelion greens, kale, endive, escarole, collards, carrots, squash, zucchini, sweet potato, sweet red pepper, and a BIT of berries, apples, pears, melon, etc.

I dust the insects just before feeding them to the chameleon with a phosphorus-free calcium powder at almost every feeding to help make up for the poor ratio of calcium to phosphorus found in most feeder insects. I dust twice a month with a phosphorus-free calcium/D3 powder to ensure the chameleon gets some D3 without over doing it and leaving it to produce the rest of the D3 from it's exposure to the UVB light. D3from supplements can build up in the system and lead to health issues but D3 produced by exposure to the UVB light won't as long as the chameleon can move in and out if the UVB at will. I dust twice a month with a vitamin powder that contains a beta carotene prOformed source of vitamin A. This won't build up in the system but leaves it to you to decide if/when it needs some prEformed vitamin A. prEformed vitamin A will build up in the system.

Veiled basking temperature for the size of your chameleon should be in the mid 80's F.

For water...use a dripper and a mister and make sure they both run long enough to stimulate the chameleon to drink.

Good luck!

Is there a good vet you can rely on in Moldova?
No, but thx.
Now its oky...
My order of Reptivite with D3 and Calcium without D3 came some weeks ago
so after one week feeding with calcium and 2 days on week with Rpetive he feels fine and move normal ,, not shaking ....

but i have another problem ... his teeth is little black ,... not a part but all... and noticed that his teeths is growing ,,, not sure maybe is black cus is growing...

he eat fine drink fine... some times when see me is opening his month and make sounds ... he is meal and i heard that meals is more agressive )

I don't think that the supplements you ordered are enough to correct his MBD. While he may seem better to you, the underlying problem is almost certainly still there.

Can you try to post a picture of what you mean by his teeth turning black? And please post a picture of his cage, too. Open mouth + weird sounds could imply that he has a respiratory infection

I don't think that the supplements you ordered are enough to correct his MBD. While he may seem better to you, the underlying problem is almost certainly still there.

Can you try to post a picture of what you mean by his teeth turning black? And please post a picture of his cage, too. Open mouth + weird sounds could imply that he has a respiratory infection

Open mouth + weird sounds could imply that he has a respiratory infection - no its oky... he make sounds like on youtube video when they are agresive
oky i will try to find a vet for my pet...
about picture i will post here:
IMG_2019.JPG
IMG_2021.JPG IMG_2023.JPG

https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...-like-how-it-happens-and-how-to-fix-it.95071/ Here is another link for you to read on Metabolic bone disease which your chameleon has and what you can do to fix it. If your climate allows and you can take your chameleon out for natural sun, please do. Make sure to not put your chameleon outside in that tank of glass which could overheat from the sun. Provide shade also so you chameleon can get out of the sun if he wants to.

So it look like you have a UVB light in the cage, but the heat bulb is outside of it? It is that correct? If so, your chameleon is not going to be able to bask successfully.
Also, why is he in a cardboard box and so low to the ground? He probably feels highly threatened by that location relative to you.

The sound he's making sounds like a typical hiss, doesn't seem worrisome to me.

So it look like you have a UVB light in the cage, but the heat bulb is outside of it? It is that correct? If so, your chameleon is not going to be able to bask successfully.
Also, why is he in a cardboard box and so low to the ground? He probably feels highly threatened by that location relative to you.

The sound he's making sounds like a typical hiss, doesn't seem worrisome to me.

its under metal netting ... plus i have one more UVB 3.0 50W for warming some times he set under this bulb.. he is oky with UVB

What are the dimensions of his cage? I'm just a little worried because you keep insisting he is okay, but there is a lot about his setup which is actually not okay

What are the dimensions of his cage? I'm just a little worried because you keep insisting he is okay, but there is a lot about his setup which is actually not okay
dimensions is not big i know... in some 1-2 days i will make him new cage and bigger ... when is finished i will send some pictures...
about MBD i noticed that double elbows or knees is very slowly disappearing ... will see in some weeks to be sure ....
2 weeks ago he cant stand up , and move very slowly and shaking body (i had him 2 month and have not given him calcium on his feed)

now he feels much better , he move faster, started to be aggressive ... when i take him i feels his ... very tight paws
i red on link upper that calcium without d3 every day but reptivite with d3 once in 2 weeks

Would love to see some pictures from today of his legs. Seeng that MBD does not take two weeks to develop, I find it very unlikely he is as recovered as you say. I guess anything is possible, but it sure is not the norm

i know its not oky... but i am trying to fix this... if you have some suggestion ... i will be happy for anything

IMG_2033.JPG IMG_2032.JPG IMG_2034.JPG IMG_2035.JPG

Is it sleeping during the day? Are you giving it the liquid calcium like I suggested in addition to the other supplements?
Did you make the other changes that were recommended?

his is not sl
Is it sleeping during the day? Are you giving it the liquid calcium like I suggested in addition to the other supplements?
Did you make the other changes that were recommended?

eeping during the day... it was night time i just turn light on to make pictres... but i leave the blub UVB 5.0 13w at night , and in day time i turn on the 50w UVB 3.0 for warming
i tried liquid calcium but he is not drinking .. how can i force him to drink?
the other sugestion is to use supplement/dust calcium without d3 all day and and Reptivite with d3 once per 2 weeks

this how he changing the color
IMG_1805.JPG

LEFT side->
IMG_2048.JPG

RIGHT side->
IMG_2049.JPG

Back
Top Bottom