LED UVB bulb?

RedMountainHome

Established Member
Are there any good LED bulbs that also provide UVB? I have been using mercury vapor bulbs for UVB, but I'm sick of them randomly burning out all the freakin time.

There are uv lights for finding pet stains and such but LEDs don't generally put off uv so it may be harder or impossible to do so.

Right, it's just to make certain things glow. Didn't know that was uva, just that is wasn't uvb. Too bad.... you can get those cheap.

Ouch.... pricey but that will come down. Regular LEDs were $15 for a light bulb a few years ago... now the dollar trees them for $1.

Amazon has reprising led! Maybe advancing faster than we thought. If that Osgood and the uvb pastas long as the LEDs...it is worth it..

I have said ZooMed LED/UVB combo hood. The uvb is a linear type bulb that provides great coverage and light. The LEDs do a decent job with plant growth for my scheflerra.
IMG_20170728_080501.jpg
IMG_20170728_080448.jpg

Don't get me wrong, zoo med makes good stuff and t-5 are great but would love to not have to replace bulbs every 6 months. I use LEDs for my aquariums and plants. They are great and inexpensive. They just need uvb LEDs for our subculture.

Back
Top Bottom