Leaving on vacation, lighting question!!...

Infinite ink

Im leaving for 12 days soon and i was wondering if my chameleon would be ok for the 12 days without his uv light?

i currently free-range him and his lights are all bolted to the ceiling, i use 4ft long bulbs so theyr pretty huge for transport. he would of course have his basking lamp.
Hes going to be in a cage for the first time in a really long time. Im sure hes really not gonna like that!!
hes almost 2 years old and super healthy lil guy.. veiled.

Can you get him outside? Natural UV packs a riddiculous punch compared to our UV lights, and only a couple hours have more benefit than a whole day under a bulb, from what I've read. If you can put his cage out in the sunlight for a while each day he should be fine.

Let's see what others say (if they agree or not) but if I were in your shoes I would just take him outside for a few hours each day.

having him be outside would be ideal!!, but this crappy chicago weather is not helping out at all.
im leaving him to my nephew and i dont think hes capable enough to take him in and out everyday for 12 days..
i just wonder if 12 days without his uv lights would have a prolonged effect on his health..

this might sound stupid, but if he is going to be caged, then why can't you get a uvb light for the cage?

just trying to avoid buying a second set of lights that im never going to use again. but if it comes to it im going to have to :(

dang. i wish all of these questions were answered in the original post...oh wait...:rolleyes:

for the people who missed it the first time:
his lights are all bolted to the ceiling, i use 4ft long bulbs so theyr pretty huge for transport.

wow ok never mind just buy a dang light!!! dont stess the thing out any more then it will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if u really care about it well being

I agree that he will be totally fine without his "uv" light for 12 days. A bright basking light, however, is essential if you want him to continue to have a good appetite.

To aid him why not jut buy a $4 jar of calcium WITH D3 which would take care of the lack of D3 he'll be getting from not being in his UVB bulb... Seems a lot simpler than anything else...

To aid him why not jut buy a $4 jar of calcium WITH D3 which would take care of the lack of D3 he'll be getting from not being in his UVB bulb... Seems a lot simpler than anything else...

Without exposure to the light the D3 won't be much use...

What about getting a cf ReptiSun for the move?

Back
Top Bottom