leachianus

ataraxia

Avid Member
thanks to the NRE in chicago last year. i saw this amazing GT. my eyes were like seriously.... i want one! i asked the price then my brain said o'hell no 800 bucks are you serious... its been a few months of going back and forth with myself. i finally said lets do it. here is my new addition. 10 months old and to me it looks like a female.

Attachments

• DSC_0409.jpg
    DSC_0409.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC_0405.jpg
    DSC_0405.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 205
thanks! pure isle E, once im for sure of the sex i will look for a gt mate :) here is another pic of her.

Attachments

• DSC_0416.jpg
    DSC_0416.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 214
UPDATE: We had a rocky start. She was particular on what she wanted for food. Havent put her on the scales but she is fat. I read a bunch where most leachies each approx a beer cap full of food. I use eye contact cases for mine. She will empty them both. If i had to guess the amount in terms of beer cap fulls of just food media...atleast 4.

11hxj6f.jpg

Thank you. I keep calling him a girl because i had no way of telling what he was in the beginning. So in my mind everything unsexed is a girl. Turns out she is a he :)

Thank you. I keep calling him a girl because i had no way of telling what he was in the beginning. So in my mind everything unsexed is a girl. Turns out she is a he :)

Ha! I call everything a he instead. So right now my little one is a guy...I love your male! I would love a Pure Isle E at some point. $800 isn't cheap though! I will just eagerly watch your guy grow up. Babies?! lol

He's cool lookin' :cool:

thanks you

Ha! I call everything a he instead. So right now my little one is a guy...I love your male! I would love a Pure Isle E at some point. $800 isn't cheap though! I will just eagerly watch your guy grow up. Babies?! lol

O'they aint that much...thats just what i was first told at the show. I bought this guy for 300 from a breeder in chicago. Hes really good friends with the guy from leapin leachies :) super cool guy and to boot he personally delivered it to me!

I bought a nu ana female at the last Tinley park show. Honestly dont know a ton of information on breeding them but im sure ill figure it out :)

thanks you

O'they aint that much...thats just what i was first told at the show. I bought this guy for 300 from a breeder in chicago. Hes really good friends with the guy from leapin leachies :) super cool guy and to boot he personally delivered it to me!

I bought a nu ana female at the last Tinley park show. Honestly dont know a ton of information on breeding them but im sure ill figure it out :)

Not a bad deal! I got my "guy" for $275 though he's a mix. One day I may just buy another for fun though I'm not sure I'll have room. I want to build something large and creative. So I've my work cut out for me...at least I've a few years!

These guys are wayyy cool! Yours looks very good/healthy. My vet actually breeds these. Are you going to be at the upcomming Tinley park show? Is it worth it for me to drive out there?

Not a bad deal! I got my "guy" for $275 though he's a mix. One day I may just buy another for fun though I'm not sure I'll have room. I want to build something large and creative. So I've my work cut out for me...at least I've a few years!

I had the same ambition for these guys..I found out real quick they dont like big :(

These guys are wayyy cool! Yours looks very good/healthy. My vet actually breeds these. Are you going to be at the upcomming Tinley park show? Is it worth it for me to drive out there?

if your a chameleon man... it is disappointing.

update on this boy. Picture makes him look small on my hand. He is getting huge. If i werent into chameleons like i am. I would first off have a ton of space free'd up and i would have a ton of these. They change from almost white to dark green, pinks, yellows and the way they walk is like watching edward scissor hands all over.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty little thing. I know nothing about them at all, what is the complete name? I would like to know a bit about them, care, habitats , just all the general stuff. I like yours, somehow it just appeals to me.

$300??!! Yikes lol. Why are these guys so damn expensive? Is it because they're docile and easy to handle? I have 2.2 of the poor man's leachy - the halmahera. Gehyra vorax I believe, maybe another species as they mix them up in shipping.

What is yours a mix of? Is she gonna' get bigger you think?

Pretty little thing. I know nothing about them at all, what is the complete name? I would like to know a bit about them, care, habitats , just all the general stuff. I like yours, somehow it just appeals to me.

Rhacodactylus leachianus. There are different locales just like panthers, i have a hard time distinguishing any island from each other but you can distinguish a mainland to a island from size and color. I have heard people also look at the head shape. That boy there is a pure Isle E locale. Ill get some pics tonight of my girl that is a Nuu ana.

Care is super simple. I use sterilite containers with a small section cut out on top with screen. For young ones its best to give them a very small container. (like shoe box size). Much smaller than you would ever imagine but its what they like. Most young ones wont eat in a large container. For my boy i use a 66 qt sterlitie but he is now ready for the next size which wont be to much bigger.I use paper towel on the bottom, some use soil but personally they have soft liquid feces. So clean up in soil would be pain. I have pieces of round cork, flat cork, large sticks with fake vines with foliage. I keep a water dish in the container and feed repashy and clarks gecko diet. Occasionally i will throw in a piece of banana, mango or give a squirt of honey in the dish with food. I have offered a few crickets and they dont seem to care for them. Im not sure what your humidity is within the house. My house stays right around 40% and with the water bowl they seem to be just peachy. They like room temperature 72-78*.

$300??!! Yikes lol. Why are these guys so damn expensive? Is it because they're docile and easy to handle? I have 2.2 of the poor man's leachy - the halmahera. Gehyra vorax I believe, maybe another species as they mix them up in shipping.

What is yours a mix of? Is she gonna' get bigger you think?

There is actually two different poor mans leachi. A marginata and a vorax. The vorax gets much bigger and the usually displays darker colors. I have had both. The differences between a poor mans and a leachi is 1. The skin does not tear easily like on a poor mans. It is amazing how fast it heals though. 2. leachies get bigger but i will say i had a vorax that got ungodly big. 3. They are slower moving than poor mans. 4. They are very docile.

He is a pure isle E and still growing. I was told from several breeders this locale typically reaches around 140 - 200 grams.

Back
Top Bottom