lazy or bored or tired... i dont know

maxK

okay so my chameleon Leon hasnt been very active since I got him in his new enclosure he's been in the bottom left corner of the cage in the very back just looking into open space if I got in the way of where he's looking he'll look around but other than that he doesn't move too much he's there for most of the day. this has been going on for about 3 days
hes a male veiled about 8 ish months old

Attachments

• IMG_4658.jpg
    IMG_4658.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 247
Is he by any chance basking? Chameleons like to spend a lot of time soaking up heat and rays, they will literally just sit there for an hour or so

Is he by any chance basking? Chameleons like to spend a lot of time soaking up heat and rays, they will literally just sit there for an hour or so
yeah in the afternoon any time between 2-5 he basks for about 45 minutes-ish. He just likes that corner ig....?

Is he hot then? I gotta agree he's probably looking to mate if he's a younger adult male...

A couple of thoughts:
Is he hunting down there?
If it’s a new setup is there a difference in temperatures?

Yes... well I assume so because I haven to actually seen him eat... he won’t eat if I’m In the room
Key is to not look them in the eye. Stay in the room. Stay still. Try not to make eye contact or just move until theres a stick or leaf or something in btwn your eyes and then quitely observe. Its always good to monitor what they're taking in

Watch your feeders and see where they are going. You can try placing a worm cup or one of those diy milk jug feeder runs higher up and see if it makes a difference.

Yes... well I assume so because I haven to actually seen him eat... he won’t eat if I’m In the room

I’d suggest making a cricket cup.
Get a sunny D bottle cut out a 3 inch wide 4/5 inch long square for the side that faces IN the cage and out card board on the side that you can see so the crickets can go on the card board. It lets the chameleon see the food without seeing you and you’ll hear a little tapping sound when he gets a cricket because his tongue will hit the back of it

I know i explained it weirdly i’ll take a picture of my old one so it makes more sense

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 238
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 226
Back
Top Bottom