Laying on branches?

Hello, I have caught my chameleon laying on his branches a few times lately. When I catch him doing this its like he is holding on like normal but not standing up all the way. I know this could be a symptom of something but I am not sure what as I have not found a lot of info on it. He is a veiled male, 4-5 months old. Thanks!

Please post some pictures of your chameleon. Sometimes they will rest on branches. It could be normal. If you chameleon cannot hold itself up and support its weight, it may have Metabolic Bone Disease.
I'll make sure to try to get a picture next time I see it, thank you! I doubt it is MBD though because his legs all look straight to me, and I do have a UVB light as well as I dust his feeders with calcium with D3 once a month

Please post some pictures of your chameleon. Sometimes they will rest on branches. It could be normal. If you chameleon cannot hold itself up and support its weight, it may have Metabolic Bone Disease.

i dust my crickets with calcium with no d3 everyday? is that not enough?

That isn't a question that has a yes or no answer.

If there is too much phosphorus in the diet, you will create a calcium deficiency. If there is not enough D3, all the calcium in the world will not be utilized. If you have kidney problems, you might also have calcium deficiencies.

Sorry I couldn't give you the answer you are looking for.

Back
Top Bottom