laying eggs twice

nimmitz

Hey all :)
Is it possible for veiled chams to only deposit some of their eggs one day, and then deposit more a few days later?
My veiled just had her first clutch (yay!) and all went well, but today (2 days later) she is dark green (same color she was when she finished burying her eggs) and is roaming around the bottom.
Should I be prepared for more eggs?
She deposited a total of 13 eggs, the 3 eggs closest to the top were tiny (about 1/3 of the size of the other 10).

I set up her bin and she went straight for it, I guess that answers that question, good to know :)
Thanks for the response :D

Well she has been in and out of her bin since yesterday, goes in and comes out after about 10 minutes several times. Still dark green, not sure what's going on, hasn't laid any more eggs.
Is this normal after they lay eggs or do they usually go back to normal afterwards? And by normal I mean the opposite of what my cham is doing. Because this isn't normal for her lol. She is usually a light green color, I've never seen her so dark for so long (since burying her recent eggs). Haven't seen her eat, I have seen her drink though.
If she has more eggs she is taking her time getting rid of the rest or just being a mom? Not sure this is my first time dealing with a cham laying eggs.
Any insight is appreciated.

Oh right, she is 12months old btw.

Keep an eye on her. If she starts acting ill or poorly, take her to the vet ASAP! Its unusual for them to lay their eggs in several "batches" like that, but it is possible that she will make it out of this just fine. But if she starts acting like something is wrong, it probably is and she may need x-rays and/or oxytocin shots if she has more eggs that she cant lay.

Keep an eye on her. If she starts acting ill or poorly, take her to the vet ASAP! Its unusual for them to lay their eggs in several "batches" like that, but it is possible that she will make it out of this just fine. But if she starts acting like something is wrong, it probably is and she may need x-rays and/or oxytocin shots if she has more eggs that she cant lay.

Right on, you need to follow this closely.

Oh ok, I will keep an eye on her. Thanks for the quick reponses.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

This exact same thing is happening to me..
My female laid a clutch of 15 eggs yesterday, I assumed it was ok, because the store kept her wrong way and didnt fed her well..
She finished yesterday around 9 pm, and she looked exhausted when she was covering around the area... so I decided to start fading the lights, as If it would be getting darker... So she stopped and climbed up and I offered a lot of water.
Today in the morning when I woke up she was back down, moving the sand around...
I believe she felt she didnt end up her job...
could this be a reason?
when is she supposed to turn back to light green color??

Back
Top Bottom