Laying Bin Set Up - Educational Video

Dez

Chamalot Chameleons
I made this "How to" video to show how to set up a laying bin for a female chameleon. I narrated and edited it myself much like my other education video:https://www.chameleonforums.com/receptive-female-chameleons-educational-video-62869/

This video shows how we, at Chamalot Chameleons, set up laying bins for our females. There are a variation of techniques you can do, but this will give you a good solid idea of what is needed.

I hope this video helps a lot of female chameleons owners

;) enjoy

Awesome! Do you mind if I include this in future resources?

Feel free to use it, link it, share it. It is why I made it :)

I will also take suggestions on other topics to make videos on.. As long as I am knowledgeable about the subject.. and it is not too broad..( Like Make a video about everything you need to know about a chameleon - :eek:)

I may make one on doing a home fecal float and maybe another one on incubation?? I haven't decided yet.

Great post! Very educational and I didn't know you can rotate eggs when they are newly laid, is there any risks or should you try to keep them in the same position as close as possible to how they were laid? Please do more of these!!!

Really great video Dez, do you prefer soil over washed playsand? Did you have any females that would not lay based on the type of substrate used? Again this was really helpful

I will also take suggestions on other topics to make videos on.. As long as I am knowledgeable about the subject.. and it is not too broad..( Like Make a video about everything you need to know about a chameleon - :eek:)

I may make one on doing a home fecal float and maybe another one on incubation?? I haven't decided yet.

Maybe a video on what happens when they hatch and what to do? I know a ton of people on here are breeding but not sure how to set up for their babies. Your videos always impress!!

Great post! Very educational and I didn't know you can rotate eggs when they are newly laid, is there any risks or should you try to keep them in the same position as close as possible to how they were laid? Please do more of these!!!

Once your done moving the eggs to the containers, you should never turn them or move them again. There is an airpocket that forms about halfway into incubation. If the egg is turned after this pocket forms, the fetus inside can suffocate. A lot of people think this is true of the egg as soon as it is laid. When eggs are new, they don't have the air pocket yet. .. that's why I felt it worthwhile to mention.

If you put the eggs in the incubation containers close together (touching) they are more likely to hatch at the same time.

Really great video Dez, do you prefer soil over washed playsand? Did you have any females that would not lay based on the type of substrate used? Again this was really helpful

I have used potting soil mixed with sand in the past. The topsoil seems to be pretty close to the sand/soil mixture I use to use.

I have never used jut playsand but I know it will work just as well.

Some females can be picky..and I will switch to the sand siol mixture from the topsoil. Luckily for me, My females have not been very picky lately.

Do it!!!:D:D:D I would be excited to watch them!!

I second the fecal float video!!! :D

I third Fecal float and Incubation videos!! :D

You guys have a poo fetish! sick-os! Just Kidding, I know I could make one pretty easy

You guys have a poo fetish! sick-os! Just Kidding, I know I could make one pretty easy[/QUOTE]

LMAO Dez!!!
I too want to be considered the MASTER OF POOP like the GREATS before me!
A hahaha!

Dez, Please please please please please do one on incubation!!! That would be an incredible resource!

Back
Top Bottom