Laying Bin Set Up - Educational Video

No...and not for babies either when they are from Jacksons. They just stick them to the branches and they fall tomthe floor.

I made this "How to" video to show how to set up a laying bin for a female chameleon. I narrated and edited it myself much like my other education video:https://www.chameleonforums.com/receptive-female-chameleons-educational-video-62869/

This video shows how we, at Chamalot Chameleons, set up laying bins for our females. There are a variation of techniques you can do, but this will give you a good solid idea of what is needed.

I hope this video helps a lot of female chameleons owners

;) enjoy

Question...I adopted a female cham, and today she finally passed some eggs!! I think she is close to 2yrs old. Her original owner passed away and I adopted her bcuz I have a male veiled cham so they asked me to take her in, and of course, I did!! The previous owner's family said she had already "laid" eggs twice, so today was the first time she's done it since I've had her!! So excited!! I've found 8 tiny little eggs so far.. she's definitely restless/active, and if I was to guess, she has more in her to get out. I had water dripping all day for her today as soon as I found the eggs. She seems to be more thirsty!? So.. my question is.. How do I get her to use her egg laying bucket?? All the eggs I found were randomly around her enclosure, and one was freshly dropped and stuck to a leaf.. So IF I were to eventually mate her with my male, I don't want fertile eggs dropped from the top, but buried like normal/safe eggs should be!! Her enclosure is 5' x 2'3" x 2'5" custom built. I have a 3 gallon bucket with the coconut coir dirt (i think that's what it's called) as substrate. Should I add some sand?? Or what can I do to ensure proper egg laying next time?? Thanks in advance!!

Yea I got a female Jackson a wile back and a few days after getting her there was 6 little baby’s walking around I didn’t even expect it

Question...I adopted a female cham, and today she finally passed some eggs!! I think she is close to 2yrs old. Her original owner passed away and I adopted her bcuz I have a male veiled cham so they asked me to take her in, and of course, I did!! The previous owner's family said she had already "laid" eggs twice, so today was the first time she's done it since I've had her!! So excited!! I've found 8 tiny little eggs so far.. she's definitely restless/active, and if I was to guess, she has more in her to get out. I had water dripping all day for her today as soon as I found the eggs. She seems to be more thirsty!? So.. my question is.. How do I get her to use her egg laying bucket?? All the eggs I found were randomly around her enclosure, and one was freshly dropped and stuck to a leaf.. So IF I were to eventually mate her with my male, I don't want fertile eggs dropped from the top, but buried like normal/safe eggs should be!! Her enclosure is 5' x 2'3" x 2'5" custom built. I have a 3 gallon bucket with the coconut coir dirt (i think that's what it's called) as substrate. Should I add some sand?? Or what can I do to ensure proper egg laying next time?? Thanks in advance!!

They need complete privacy when they lay or they can become egg bound. Dropping eggs is normally not a good sign. You might find my egg laying blog helpful. It’s linked below.

Also you would get more response if you started your own thread.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/egg-laying-and-the-laying-bin.345/

I made this "How to" video to show how to set up a laying bin for a female chameleon. I narrated and edited it myself much like my other education video:https://www.chameleonforums.com/receptive-female-chameleons-educational-video-62869/

This video shows how we, at Chamalot Chameleons, set up laying bins for our females. There are a variation of techniques you can do, but this will give you a good solid idea of what is needed.

;) enjoy

I love your video!, my only question is that if the bucket does not fit in my chameleons cage, do i take her out and place her in the bucket? how do i helop her lay her eggs!!!!
picture 3.jpg
btw, i am going to make some big changes inher cage.... her new cage its on its way and her live plants too.

;) enjoy

EMERGENCY! I have a question! Im new with this topic, i actually did not know they laid eggs without a male...
I have done my research and im pretty sure she needs to lay eggs
What do i do if my cage is small (a bigger one is on its way) and the bucket does not fit? Do i place my cham in the bucket and leave her there?
Does she need lighting?

Can i only have a bucket with play sand?

if someone can answer it would be great! Thanksss

EMERGENCY! I have a question! Im new with this topic, i actually did not know they laid eggs without a male...
What do i do if my cage is small (a bigger one is on its way) and the bucket does not fit? Do i place my cham in the bucket and leave her there?
Does she need lighting?

If you cannot fit a lay bin in the enclosure, the next best thing would be a separate "enclosure" made from a bucket, trash can, etc. that you move her to once she shows interest in digging (though don't interrupt her if she's in the process of digging, it will just stress her out.)

In the post above your first one here, jannb linked their blog which explains how to prepare and provide for a gravid female. Read through that- it explains how to set up a separate lay bin, which you should do ASAP.

Does she need lighting?

Since it’s pretty much a guessing game of when exactly they are going to lay, it’s best to keep the lay bin I
in the enclosure. Even though you have a small enclosure, I’m sure you can find something that will fit in there. Just be sure to make a few small drainage holes in the bottom so it doesn’t become mud. Even a good sized plant pit would work.

Hi There! I have a baby female chameleon so since this is my first Cham, I find this video to be invaluable as it won't be long before I'll be setting up a laying bin! Thank You so much for this video that will help many female chameleon keepers!

;) enjoy

Thanks for the knowledge

Back
Top Bottom