Later Gator

Syn

Avid Member
My oldest and only chameleon has passed away today.
I just finished adopting out several other chameleons and figured I'd stick with him for a while... then things took an odd turn.
I took him to the vet a while back when he was first showing signs of problems, but the vet couldn't attribute it to anything other than age.
He was between 4-6 years old from what I could tell. Burn victim.... definitely had a personality.

I informally named him Diesel a long time ago on a thread, but have affectionately called him Big Jerk as well.

Don't know if I'll ever own another chameleon, as rewarding as they are, they are expensive and need a lot of time.
I'm moving on to newer stages in life (college eww), and I will have to downsize regardless.... so I guess this is my adieu from the chameleon world.
I can hear a big sigh of relief in the distance. ;) :/

Rest in peace, big guy.

OCT 2010

69425_1615667521192_1521472506_31543792_6304465_a.jpg

:(

So sorry you lost the big guy. He sounds like he was a wonderful boy. Rescues are even more special, but they also leave a bigger empty space when they leave us. Sadly, we can only do our best as we never really know how well (or not) they were cared for in the past. I am sure that one day when circumstances and money allow, you will be back again with more chameleons!

Mom had a soft spot for the big guy. When I had to call and tell her the news it was upsetting.
I'd love to get another, but meh. It's in my/their best interest that I wait for better circumstances.

So sorry for your loss Sabrina :( my thoughts and prayers are with you. I sure do think that you should stick around here though, otherwise we will all be at a loss :eek: if we don't see you I want to wish you all the best in college and in your life :)

I am SO sorry Syn!! I wish you the best in your new stages of life. Doesn't mean you have to be a stranger here or on the AZ cham keepers I am determined to start ;)

So sorry for your loss Syn. I hope you enjoy your college life and I'm betting that some day down the road you'll have another chameleon. Drop by once in a while and say "hello" to all of us.

Hey don't worry guys, I'll still be around. I'm always an email away, or facebook too.

If anything, I have eighty billion geckos to talk about. :rolleyes:

I appreciate everyone's condolences. Thank you all.

Back
Top Bottom