Late Bloomer?

KylieT

So, I've had Geordi for about 2 months now and he is supposedly 5-6 months, being that he was supposed to be three to four months when I got him. I'm looking at pictures of vieleds his age and they are almost in full color and like little mini versions of their adult selves. Geordi is still in his little green and brown faze. He has his stripes and has been shoing some varying colors but I'm wondering if it's bad for him to be behind, or maybe he's just younger than we thought the was?

1000836k.jpg

Crest and coloration look rather female. Only the spurs at the hind legs can tell.

lol This makes me laugh cause I have a female that some people have mistaken for a male. She's big and her casque is high and she doesn't have girly colors. So I'd have two chams that didn't look like their genders.

lol This makes me laugh cause I have a female that some people have mistaken for a male. She's big and her casque is high and she doesn't have girly colors. So I'd have two chams that didn't look like their genders.

Hope they don't get confused during mating season themselves. Enjoy them no matter what gender.

I'd bought a "male" Veiled last year that had what seemed to be a spur. One more prominent on it's left leg. Honestly, there is usually no denying spurs. I figured, ok well I should be 100% positive, not 50%. So I took her back, got a male and that was that. Sometimes you start to see things. Lol. I had her for a week and to this day I swear she had a spur. But when I looked at the other Chams, they clearly had two small bumps on both back feet.

Your Cham does seem to have stripes coming in soon. It's colors seriously looks to be female, but pictures can be deceiving. I'm 50/50 on this one. Either way he/she is beautiful. You definitely have some gender-bending Chameleons. Lol.

lol He really does have spurs and he came from FLChams and I completely trust mikes judgement, though I know that people can make mistakes. I love him no matter what, and I'm not going to change his name or stop calling him him. He'll be Geordi no matter what.

my female
1000812t.jpg

a pic from a couple of days ago

Wow. Your female does look more male indeed. In the same way your male looks female. Didn't want challenge your knowledge of their genders. Nature is full of surprises.

Maybe she's one of those gender confused gals! Or just very manly for a lady. :) She's great looking either way.

lol thanks, she's actually supposedly infertile too, so maybe that ties into it. IDK we'll see what happens as we go, either way I love them. :)

I don't know she was bred by a woman here in town. She's just about 11 months. The woman gave her up because she was only laying infertile clutches. I don't know why that is but I thought it was maybe not true because she seems a little young for the breeder to have known that. and a veileds first clutch is typically infertile so she may have just been unknowledgeable. But she's a totally sweet cham, I really enjoy keeping her.

Back
Top Bottom