Late Bloomer?

Chanel

I've had Ichabod for about three months now, and I was told he was two months old when I purchased him (but I think he may have only been a month and a half or so). He shows mostly black and white colouration during the day with some blue showing through a bit, especially around the face, and he lightens up dramatically when he goes to bed with some light blue stripes and some red background (sold as a blue-barred ambilobe). Now I KNOW this has nothing to do with his setup, as the temperatures, lighting, humidity, etc. is all within the right ranges and he's in the proper setup. He's incredibly alert, healthy, and has a robust hatred for people :).

Now I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this in a juvi panther before. His colours ARE coming in, just very slowly. I know they're expected to achieve full colouration at about 18 months or so; so am I just playing a waiting game?

My little male ambilobe is also a late bloomer. He looked FANTASTIC for the age I got him and was colored more than his clutchmates. He stayed that brightness and they surpassed him. He is still developing his colors. They seem to intensify by the week and he is around 8 months old.

You will see him change quickly. Be patient ;)

ambilobes usually show color faster than other panthers but some can take what it seems like forever to really start showing color. with the ones ive had not more than 12 months.

Okay, not worried anymore. Thanks! Yeah, he looked great for his age when I got him, but hasn't really developed much since then.

Okay, not worried anymore. Thanks! Yeah, he looked great for his age when I got him, but hasn't really developed much since then.

same here with my ambanja.
My ambilobe has insane colors already and he's just about 4 months old.

Back
Top Bottom