Last option- putting her down

Maddieremington

Stella, formerlly known as Dexter, is eggbound. She's had 3 shots of oxytocin and 2 of calcium with no results. She has shown no more interest in the bin and is still eating but not as much. Doesn't move around very much. She hasn't pooped in like 2 weeks. Talked to the vet today and he says surgery to get them removed is the next step. But we can't really afford that as we've already put a lot of money into her lately.And I've noticed the chances of her recovering after that are slim. My only other option is to have her put down which just kills me. But my question here is how long should I give her before I take her in to do the deed? I want as much more time with her as I can but not if she is suffering. Just need some input

I've actually been following your thread, I'm glad to see she's doing good after the surgery! My mom actually surprised me and let us get the surgery too, she had it this morning. Vet did an excellent job and Stella is in great shape for having it just done. I'm hopeful she'll make a quick recovery, Lottie too! Best of luck.

That's great. I was thinking about your little girl this morning and wondering if we would get a happy or sad update. Hopefully, she will continue to improve - it was very kind of your mom to understand how important this is.

I've actually been following your thread, I'm glad to see she's doing good after the surgery! My mom actually surprised me and let us get the surgery too, she had it this morning. Vet did an excellent job and Stella is in great shape for having it just done. I'm hopeful she'll make a quick recovery, Lottie too! Best of luck.

That's great news! I'm hoping for a full recovery for Stella and many happy years for the two of your together.

This is the kind of thread that long ago convinced me this website is the best thing to ever happen to us as hobbyists.

Gratz on your animal

I'm a little confused. In November, this chameleon was egg bound and oxytocin shots failed to get her to lay eggs? Was the vet mistaken and she wasn't egg bound?
Stella had surgery and apparently is doing well. It's sort of hidden up in post 3. [emoji1]

Back
Top Bottom