Larry's first week with me

Jonah S

I picked up a baby veiled chameleon last Thursday (Larry) and I have had him for a week and a day now (he just turned 15 weeks old). First off, I would like to say thank you to everyone for the guidance that you have given whether it be from a PM, a thread, or overall 'how to' guide. I can't express enough gratitude to everyone for the help I have had thus far and I look forward to being able to contribute in the times to come.

Even though I have only had Larry for a week, he has certainly grown on me. He is doing pretty well from what I can tell. He has a pretty good appetite, seems to like his enclosure and is slowly starting to warm up to me. I recently took him out of his cage to clean it and he is now outside (enclosed area) soaking up a ray or two on his favorite plant before I put him back inside his house. I managed to snap a picture or two of him for anyone who would like to see him :)

larry3.jpg

larry4.jpg

larry2.jpg

larry1.jpg

He is usually a nice green color, I'm guessing he is a little bit darker because he was sun bathing or because he was a little unsure of what I was doing at first. He ate a cricket out of my hand when he was on his leaf so it seems like he is getting used to me slowly. I'm pretty excited to see him grow, I can't wait till he starts getting some more size and colors to him.
:D

thats one great looking cham, one thing that i would recomend is making sure you have a shade spot for him when he is outside, incase he doesnt wanna be in the sun, you probably have that, but just incase.

P.S. you have a very awesome pool :D

He certainly has access to shade, it also rained pretty decently an hour ago so its still kinda overcast and yucky. Who says the Florida weather is nice?

Thanks Jann, I really like him. There was a bigger one and a more colorful one at the place where I picked him up but I went with Larry instead. I feel he has more character :D

I attempted to feed him another cricket. He shot it off my hand, took a bite or two and then spit it out. Guess he wasn't feeling the second helping. What can ya do?

P.S. - Thanks for noticing the pool, I'm about to jump in :D

Back
Top Bottom