Larry is in brumation?

Is that because he's a hottie or because he did some magic vet voodoo on Larrbear?
Ohh you know all the above, got to love a man with brains and muttonchops ;)

he said that in his opinion Larry never got clean on the Albon treatment and Larry justlearned to live with coccidia, of course this is bad but it happens. He said if this reptile was in his collection he honestly wouldn’t have been able to tell he was sick without clinical tests, he was surprised I even noticed anything was wrong.

I’m about talk about how amazing I am so be ready. The vet said Larry has to be the best looking chameleon he has seen in this clinic and I should be very proud of myself as a keep and to keep up the good work. he was very impressed with the variation of insects I offer and my feeding schedule is great but to up my calcium because he felt Larry was not holding himself up much.

As for the cage, IHO he doesn’t believe I need to break down the cage. Just treat retest and if he comes back positive again then we will take apart the cage. His reason for this, the coccidia strain Larry has is only contracted from lizard to lizard and the isopods can not reproduce this strain. He also said I do not need to take him out the reptile room because the only Way the others can get it is if they eat Larry’s poop witch will not happen. The count was also above 30 for my parasite nerds lol

Ohh you know all the above, got to love a man with brains and muttonchops ;)

he said that in his opinion Larry never got clean on the Albon treatment and Larry justlearned to live with coccidia, of course this is bad but it happens. He said if this reptile was in his collection he honestly wouldn’t have been able to tell he was sick without clinical tests, he was surprised I even noticed anything was wrong.

I’m about talk about how amazing I am so be ready. The vet said Larry has to be the best looking chameleon he has seen in this clinic and I should be very proud of myself as a keep and to keep up the good work. he was very impressed with the variation of insects I offer and my feeding schedule is great but to up my calcium because he felt Larry was not holding himself up much.

As for the cage, IHO he doesn’t believe I need to break down the cage. Just treat retest and if he comes back positive again then we will take apart the cage. His reason for this, the coccidia strain Larry has is only contracted from lizard to lizard and the isopods can not reproduce this strain. He also said I do not need to take him out the reptile room because the only Way the others can get it is if they eat Larry’s poop witch will not happen. The count was also above 30 for my parasite nerds lol
The grip is what made me go back to Coccidia when you text . That was the biggest key to me he looks great that definitely was not a key lol .

I forgot to share this gem after the visit. 152AA467-39F0-4FD9-80E3-2E15990D3DC9.jpeg

I’m so happy larry is starting to act like himself again. He went to his door and start to scratch at it to let him out, something he hasn’t done in months :love: Took him outside for some much deserved sun. He’s currently shedding

View attachment 261438View attachment 261440
Hooray! Yes Jellybean has come around a lot lately too. I think they can pick up the subtle changes in our indoor environments that correlate to what the outdoor environment is. Almost like a winter summer schedule. I think this next winter I will change their lighting timers to only give 11 or 10.5hrs of lighting instead of the full 12.

Back
Top Bottom