Larry is in brumation?

I'm having this same issue with my Ambilobe Panther Jellybean. He's refusing dubias and Supers and those are some of his faves. Got him to take a few silks though the last couple days. He just hangs out on his sleeping branch all day eyes wide, no signs of dehydration. Humidity is lower than I want but still manageable. Basking spot is usually around 88-90* but he won't even go to it.

I'm having this same issue with my Ambilobe Panther Jellybean. He's refusing dubias and Supers and those are some of his faves. Got him to take a few silks though the last couple days. He just hangs out on his sleeping branch all day eyes wide, no signs of dehydration. Humidity is lower than I want but still manageable. Basking spot is usually around 88-90* but he won't even go to it.
Septiseye does this every year from nov to late dec/ early Jan . He’s active however very very active . Patrols mad crazy , he spends a good amount of time if in condo down on the bottom . He will be 4 and has done this since I have had him . I think it’s a panther thing .

Sounds like the exact behavior my guy is showing. He hangs out in his monstera all day look just watching his surroundings, while I run in 50 times a day to make sure he’s not asleep. Maybe if I add one more basking light but idk if that will make a difference. Everyone else is acting like there normal chameleon selves but chong has decided only silkworms are worthy now :notworthy:

Sounds like the exact behavior my guy is showing. He hangs out in his monstera all day look just watching his surroundings, while I run in 50 times a day to make sure he’s not asleep. Maybe if I add one more basking light but idk if that will make a difference. Everyone else is acting like there normal chameleon selves but chong has decided only silkworms are worthy now :notworthy:
Silk Buffay

Yeah I'm just happy I ordered 250 eggs that hatched!

House dropped down to the 50s last night and Larry is back to acting like a frozen popsicle. Again wide awake not asleep just looks pissed that the house is so cold

Kyle usually slows down in the winter months. As of now, when lights kick on and his cage warms up he moves to his basking area for a few hours. By 1pm he strolls to his usual sleeping spot in his hanging pothos and watches the world go by. Occasionally, I'll see him peek over the top of some leaves when I am in the room just keeping an eye on me. If I toss some crickets in, he will get up and hunt them down.

Still has a killer appetite and still quick to get fired up and come at me when I open his cage for cleaning.

In the summer, he will bask for a bit the roam the cage then go back to basking and roam some more. I just assume since the room temp in my apartment is cooler in the winter he slows down a bit.

Kyle usually slows down in the winter months. As of now, when lights kick on and his cage warms up he moves to his basking area for a few hours. By 1pm he strolls to his usual sleeping spot in his hanging pothos and watches the world go by. Occasionally, I'll see him peek over the top of some leaves when I am in the room just keeping an eye on me. If I toss some crickets in, he will get up and hunt them down.

Still has a killer appetite and still quick to get fired up and come at me when I open his cage for cleaning.

In the summer, he will bask for a bit the roam the cage then go back to basking and roam some more. I just assume since the room temp in my apartment is cooler in the winter he slows down a bit.
My babies are much like this . Around 3:00pm they head to their sleepy spots . Except septiseye and phoeb’s . The colder the days the earlier they head to sleepy spots .

Question will this thermostat do?? I have the same one for pandora but I’m not going to lie thermostats confuse me still

Zoo Med ReptiTemp RT-600 Digital Thermostat Controller https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FYXX9L3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_m8fpEbRY7KAK0 3D1852E4-8AD7-428F-9A68-5C8457024D24.jpeg

Not to but in, but as a fellow Coloradan I HIGH KEY suggest this humidifier. It gets the WHOLE ROOM up to like 60%. I have to be careful and cycle it on and off otherwise i'll get too humid during the day.

https://www.amazon.com/BAYKA-Humidi...rds=top-fill+humidifier&qid=1581021597&sr=8-5

Have you looked into humidity Sensors
Inkbird Humidity Controller IHC200 Humidistat Mushroom Greenhouse Pre Wired Outlet Dual Stage Humidifier Dehumidifier https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J1E5LWM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_POhpEb3N3D719

Back
Top Bottom