Larry is in brumation?

Ok dropped off Larry’s fecal today , $48 :rolleyes: Man I wish they did in house fecals, they said I should have results by Monday.

On the bright side larry was up basking today b4 I took off. If he continues his behavior he’s had recently he will be back to hiding for 3 days

Ok dropped off Larry’s fecal today , $48 :rolleyes: Man I wish they did in house fecals, they said I should have results by Monday.

On the bright side larry was up basking today b4 I took off. If he continues his behavior he’s had recently he will be back to hiding for 3 days
Jellybean hasn't moved mire than an inch in 3 weeks. But he continues eating silks I provide him everyday so I'm not too concerned at this point. His turrets are still nice and full as well. He poops about once every 6 weeks too. His last one was massive. Bigger than my Gargoyle Gecko tail included lol. I hope Larry's OK and it's not the dreaded C word again. I'll keep you up to date with Jellybean as well.

He moved!!! And I caught him in the act! Lol
20200209_120623.jpg

so I might have an idea on what’s going on and if it’s the reason I feel soooooooo stupid and a horrible owner. I recently switched Larry onto a quad and I have 10.0 bulb in. Im thinking he’s getting to much uvi witch is why he’s hiding so much. Im going to higher the light because I can’t find a bulb anywhere

COME ON. I'm sorry Joz -- how freaking lame.

Jellybean hasn't moved mire than an inch in 3 weeks. But he continues eating silks I provide him everyday so I'm not too concerned at this point. His turrets are still nice and full as well. He poops about once every 6 weeks too. His last one was massive. Bigger than my Gargoyle Gecko tail included lol. I hope Larry's OK and it's not the dreaded C word again. I'll keep you up to date with Jellybean as well.

This is how Coza is behaving. She has her spot at the bottom and chills. She occasionally goes up to bask now a days, still eats (ate a pretty good sized silk today) although it's been weeks since she pooped, around 3.

Honestly no idea, because he’s acting “normal” again. I didn’t have to chase him to bask today he ate on his own so I’m at a loss. I think the coccodia is something he’s learned to deal with. When he had it last time he was acting sick laying out with his tongue out and eyes closed. This is him this morning, I know I read somewhere that they can live with the parasite for ever and it not affect them at all but I’m going to treat since I have 3 others to think about image.jpg

COME ON. I'm sorry Joz -- how freaking lame.

This is how Coza is behaving. She has her spot at the bottom and chills. She occasionally goes up to bask now a days, still eats (ate a pretty good sized silk today) although it's been weeks since she pooped, around 3.
Girl this guys live to stress us out. I’m starting to believe all the superstitions about chameleons

The technician did mention that I could call the petco I got larry from and inform them that I’ve been having issues with coccidia since getting him. They apparently have to make reports of this and have to send them to corporate, if there are enough complaints about that vendor they are forced to switch to a “healthier “ vendor. This is why you don’t buy from petco, stupid Noob mistake :rolleyes: But I gave larry his first does after the car ride

The technician did mention that I could call the petco I got larry from and inform them that I’ve been having issues with coccidia since getting him. They apparently have to make reports of this and have to send them to corporate, if there are enough complaints about that vendor they are forced to switch to a “healthier “ vendor. This is why you don’t buy from petco, stupid Noob mistake :rolleyes: But I gave larry his first does after the car ride
You know the condo he resided in is loaded with Coccidia. They usually use either mulch or the rugs , Through feeders back etc . Likely every one they have sold and do sell even with a change would still have Coccidia. Unless they rip the whole unit out and the bins their not cleaning properly . It would be wise to just have a fecal (the in-coming chameleon’s) before enter the building . Not the Human lol . Really not selling would be the best . That won’t happen , Ok rant over .

Last edited:
Ugh, just hearing about coccidia makes me want to clean everything! At least Larry is feeling better, despite the coccidia. At least they gave you ponazuril instead of Albon.
His first vet gave him Albon, treatment lasted 2 months then I was told a fecal is not needed to confirm he was clean. That’s when I got a new vet :rolleyes:

My vet said we only needed one post-treatment fecal. I got two because I heard that was what was recommended.. they were very packed when I brought the other one in. I hope they didnt rush it!

My cleaning spree for coccidia still stands, and will never really end until I get every animal in here tested. I still wash my hands before touching anything in the room, wipe everything down every single night, sweep and mop every night, and clean everyones cages (except Amaro.. I just throughly spot clean with him) every few days very throughly. Very annoying but until my vet gets their act together (they are booked out 2-3 weeks currently, cant even really drop stuff off) not much I can do about it.

Handsome boy!

Also, because he has coccidia again, doesn't this mean you cant use his wall build anymore? :(

Back
Top Bottom