Larry is in brumation?

JoXie411

Chameleon Enthusiast
Back in November I noticed Larry started to slow down. At first I thought it was his new cage but after a month of no change I was confused. He will stay in his favorite sleeping spot for 3 days come up and bask a Like then back two 3 days of not coming up. He’s now starting to move around more, on warm days he’s his normal him and on cold days he’s just chilling. Hes not sleeping at all during the day, he’s wide awake and still alert of his surroundings. He “eats” but barely, the vet sees nothing physical wrong with him and he look health. Anyone every have a veiled go throw brumation?
I just chased him up to the light so he might be pissed in the photo

9B04D5DC-5F63-4FE7-9601-3FA9DC2308C6.jpeg 813DFB59-40FA-442F-9BE3-4B3FCC2AA900.jpeg

Not trying to freak you out but my last Cham I thought was going into brumation because he was housed outside. I would bring him in at night during the winter. He gradually stopped eating, I attributed it to the weather but I turns out he was sick. Not saying this is the case for Larry, just be very vigilant.

Back in November I noticed Larry started to slow down. At first I thought it was his new cage but after a month of no change I was confused. He will stay in his favorite sleeping spot for 3 days come up and bask a Like then back two 3 days of not coming up. He’s now starting to move around more, on warm days he’s his normal him and on cold days he’s just chilling. Hes not sleeping at all during the day, he’s wide awake and still alert of his surroundings. He “eats” but barely, the vet sees nothing physical wrong with him and he look health. Anyone every have a veiled go throw brumation?
I just chased him up to the light so he might be pissed in the photo

View attachment 257720View attachment 257721
Would have this been over the time the Queen was brewing eggs ??

I’ve never heard of a veiled burmate. What’s the temps in his enclosure?
The warmest I can get right now is 80 it’s been super cold this winter we have temp drops in the 30 and high of 60. Larry likes to be at 90 so it’s been a little hard to get the temps that hot right now

Not trying to freak you out but my last Cham I thought was going into brumation because he was housed outside. I would bring him in at night during the winter. He gradually stopped eating, I attributed it to the weather but I turns out he was sick. Not saying this is the case for Larry, just be very vigilant.
He’s still eat just not how he did in the summer. He’s still agin weight witch is why I have worried or the vet. His only explanation was he just not that hungry maybe because the weather is so cold and he’s conserving his energy. The moment he starts to sleep during the day they will be more aggressive in trying to find out what’s up

Bradley head bobs Lucy he knows when she is moving , He also head bobs at her when on B . It’s not the slow your my wife it’s fast this is my territory . Except he can’t see her they just know . Their smell sensory is a bit different it comes from the roof of there mouth . Why they lick everything but I’m thinking it’s similar .

Charlie’s 198! He was 175 before he was put on antibiotics. He got fed a silkworm or two while he got his meds so he picked up a few!

Edit: but at 198g he doesnt look chunky... a tiny bit extra in the casque but not much
So my boy is tiny then lol I’m hopping the silkworms I hatch will get his appetite back, maybe I should have ordered live worms

Back
Top Bottom