Large 2 Chameleon enclosure build

Hi, are you painting over the white paint with a sealer of some kind?
I will not be applying any sealer over the white paint. I’m usung a marine grade gloss white paint. I have use the same paint in black on my last reef tank. I painted the inside of the stand black. I had a sump in there for 2 years. Lots of salt creep and moisture. I never had any problems with peeling paint.

I will not be applying any sealer over the white paint. I’m usung a marine grade gloss white paint. I have use the same paint in black on my last reef tank. I painted the inside of the stand black. I had a sump in there for 2 years. Lots of salt creep and moisture. I never had any problems with peeling paint.
That sounds great! Why I asked is I used polyurethane on a ceiling fan that I painted white and stenciled. Found out later polyurethane discolored the white making it look dingy. lOL I should of used polyacrylic instead. :cautious:
I can’t wait to see yours when it’s all done. What speices do you have or getting?

That sounds great! Why I asked is I used polyurethane on a ceiling fan that I painted white and stenciled. Found out later polyurethane discolored the white making it look dingy. lOL I should of used polyacrylic instead. :cautious:
I can’t wait to see yours when it’s all done. What speices do you have or getting?
I have experienced that in the past.
Right now I have a male Veiled.
When the enclosure is finished I will be getting a male Panther.

I have experienced that in the past.
Right now I have a male Veiled.
When the enclosure is finished I will be getting a male Panther.

Did you figure out the lighting/ plants yet? The day after I finished my carcass I started thinking about revisions for version 2.0 lol. I'm hoping by the time I'm ready for that I'll have my garage back so I can use more then my compound miter on the next one lol. I think the next go around will be led flood lights and a pair of sunblaze supreme 41 for uvb. Should free up space up top for me verse using the 46 I'm hoping. but, ssssh don't tell @Krissy83 any of this lol. Seriously though man, yours is coming together beautifully :D.

Did you figure out the lighting/ plants yet? The day after I finished my carcass I started thinking about revisions for version 2.0 lol. I'm hoping by the time I'm ready for that I'll have my garage back so I can use more then my compound miter on the next one lol. I think the next go around will be led flood lights and a pair of sunblaze supreme 41 for uvb. Should free up space up top for me verse using the 46 I'm hoping. but, ssssh don't tell @Krissy83 any of this lol. Seriously though man, yours is coming together beautifully :D.
I think I have figured out my lighting. I will be running 2 48” T5 HO tubes for the UV.
Gor the plants I have acquired 4 led fixtures in the 6500K range. 2 of them would be equivalent to a 175 watt MH. I will also be running 2 48” led’s that were originally for planted aquariums.
I will be building a lighting controller to give a sunrise to sunset effect.

Nice, which aquarium fixtures, the sd black boxes? I had pondered maybe doing 2 quad snake eyes but price vs performance at the depth of these cages through air tossed that idea right out the door quick lol. It's the depth that really keeps me sticking to the flood light style leds.

Nice, which aquarium fixtures, the sd black boxes? I had pondered maybe doing 2 quad snake eyes but price vs performance at the depth of these cages through air tossed that idea right out the door quick lol. It's the depth that really keeps me sticking to the flood light style leds.
The two 48” are an off brand a local aquarium store uses over there planted tanks.
The 4 leds that are 6500K in color are industrial led fixtures ment to replace M/H lights.

I think I have figured out my lighting. I will be running 2 48” T5 HO tubes for the UV.
Gor the plants I have acquired 4 led fixtures in the 6500K range. 2 of them would be equivalent to a 175 watt MH. I will also be running 2 48” led’s that were originally for planted aquariums.
I will be building a lighting controller to give a sunrise to sunset effect.
How cool! I love the lighting idea. I can't believe this is only your 3rd furniture build. It's absolutely beautiful! Will you have to wait a while before putting them in this to let the fumes subside?

59B79D97-01CE-4A38-9E01-41E4F33569D1.jpeg
1C76BCB3-5B7E-46C1-8D53-825A440C45F9.jpeg
340BE0F7-95B9-4B6F-9737-02D9ADF91EF4.jpeg
Working on mortising the door hinges today.

Back
Top Bottom